The Process Forum - View Single Post - Alice In Wonderland
View Single Post
Unread 03-20-2016   #1237
panasonic
Leecher

Re: Alice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50percentgrey View Post
That clarifies a few things. Regarding the "artificiality" effect upon Alice in her giantess form, there was another Alice film that gave the character similar treatment:

Also taking into account the food and drink (and pieces of mushroom) that Alice consumes to change sizes, it would also suggest that her resorting to indulge in said consumables would be a way of abandoning her sense of reality; and in effect, her acknowledgment that she's only flesh and blood and nothing more.

In a more gistful proposition, Alice is no better than a doll in Wonderland. No sense of reason or accountability, much like the dolls she may have been situated by her adult superiors to play with often. This is easily understood because basically she's still just a child, or a young woman with no grip on reality yet (depending on your point of view, perverse or otherwise).
Considering that some of those things she ate were labelled as DRINK ME and EAT ME Alice was following the rules which is actually bad since if someone put such a thing on rat poison, cyanide, or laxatives then opps.

She's going by a child's logic in a wonderful world that ends with a meeting with the Red Queen. Some say the tale is a metaphor for a girl reaching puberty and growing up. She's trying to follow the rules which are against what she would have to be following in the real waking world.

The mushroom didn't have that labeling, but she was instructed by an insect to eat it.
Granted that doesn't help things in terms of logic.

And like how some depict her leg going up through the chimney thus having her knee bend once again in some broken fashion, we still see how this leg treats her thigh. Her thigh can rest on the second floor but still be on the staircase as we see her knee bending to try and help her get leverage to pull the house apart. Clearly Wonderland construction is of the highest quality.

And where it says 63. Camera cut in the above picture^, her left leg must have either broke through the rabbit's room on the second floor and curled around in such a way that it snaked out of the window and crushed the fenced area.

I remember a Winnie the Pooh story that had Pooh bear stuck in Rabbit's house exit rabbit hole in such a way because he ate too much. I want an Alice that has to take an extended stay in the White Rabbit's place with him complaining and trying hare brained schemes to get the monster out.
panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote