Unread 03-30-2016   #1240
Mr Wayne
The Man~the Myth~the Bat

Thumbs up Re: Alice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonic View Post
Seemed a bit too similar and juvenile. Something like

http://www.process-productions.com/f...ead.php?t=6478

is what I'd go for. It's similar enough while still being distant and the ending line makes me sad the author fell of the face of the earth.

Thanks for the thought though.

I may be biased because I'd love more growth, but I just take it as a running gag that they had with the rabbit. He's going through this heartache all the way up to the Queen of Hearts and still not connecting the dots that this girl isn't his maid Mary Anne, that this monster taking over his house is the girl he's encountered at the tea party, and that the girl at the end is the same person from before. He's just as mad as the rest of Wonderland.

They do keep a good focus on Alice's state through the whole ordeal though.

There's the initial "I'm growing again," though Alice doesn't seem to make the connection that it's because she ate the cookie until she goes for the carrot garden.
Her pained expression when she's filling up the room.
How she struggles to try and lift the house off her, even her lip bite until she's curious about the rabbit coming back with the Dodo.
Her reaction to being burned alive is very mild though. She does have a distressed expression once she gets a hold of the carrot the rabbit won't let go of.
As an aside that whole "I'm sorry but I must eat something!" is just so thrilling to me. I'd love for an Alice-like story to have this mentality.

Well said, and a nice read on an old story segment too.

Mr Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote