free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - The Man With Lightning Fists (Illustrated Story)
View Single Post
Unread 03-13-2018   #6
a0040pc

Re: The Man With Lightning Fists (Illustrated Story)

For the next few hours Yasha walked at a steady pace toward Huan’s village. He remained on his horse that was currently standing on her hand. She was mentally forcing herself to maintain her size as she would have begun shrinking back down to her normal size. This was fairly simple for her as over the years she had mastered her ability to maintain her size.

For Yasha it was a joy to be able to leave the temple but for Huan he had mixed feelings right now. Despite the fact that the worry for his sister was great he couldn’t help but feel a sense of wonder as he could see the world from a vantage point that only a bird could see. From where he had been everything had seemed so far away from him but up here it was a different story. He felt like he could simply jump off Yasha’s hand and reach the mountains that were miles away. Life just seemed different from up here.

“Quite a view isn’t it?” asked Yasha. This caused Huan to turn his head and look up at the giant woman who literally had his life in her hand. “I still remember the first time that I became big, you never forget your first time.”

“It’s just a lot to take in,” replied Huan. He tapped his trousers to make sure the elixir was there. If it fell to the Earth below it was unlikely it would survive the fall. “When I woke up this morning I didn’t believe it was possible for people to become your size. And yet it has happened despite my knowledge of the world.”

“Then your mind would be blown if I became my largest size.” She paused for a moment as she thought. “Actually, I don’t know what my largest size even is, it’s possible that I could grow until I reached the heavens.” She felt something wet around her foot and she looked down to see what it was. To her surprise she discovered that she had stepped into a lake, the conversation had distracted her enough for her not to notice it. She gave a small grunt of annoyance as she realised her mistake.

Yasha continued to walk but she hadn’t noticed that many animals were moving away from her as she walked by. Each of her footsteps created a tremor that ran throughout the ground. This caused the animals to sense her approach and react accordingly. The last thing they wanted was to find themselves underneath her foot.

Eventually just as dusk was approaching Huan spotted his village over the horizon. The sight of it caused Yasha to increase her pace. She knew what was at stake but she was also cautious, she knew that her gigantic size would scare the villagers. Instead she waited just outside of the village and placed Huan and his horse down on the ground. It took the horse a few moments to regain its bearings but as soon as it did it began to gallop into the village.

Huan was able to steer the horse toward the building that currently housed his dying sister. Quickly he dismounted his horse and made his way inside without wasting a single movement. He soon discovered his sister in a weak state, so weak that he thought that she had almost passed on. However, her eyes seemed to light up when she saw him enter the room, she would try to speak but she was too weak.

Quickly Huan knelt down to his sister and took the elixir out of his pocket. He uncorked the bottle and began to tip the contents of bottle into her mouth. Thankfully she was still strong enough to swallow it which she did quickly. The taste was unlike anything that she had tasted before and not particularly for the better.

For the next hour Huan stayed by his sister and he watched as the strength began to return to her body as she was able to move around more. She was finally able to speak to him and by the end of the hour she was strong enough to get out of the bed and stand up. Her illness seemed to be disappearing like magic and nothing gave Huan more joy than to see her back to health.

Meanwhile just outside of the village Yasha was sitting and waiting. She would occasionally spot one of the villages peaking at her from afar but none came too close. They were all afraid of her and she could understand why, to them at her size she was like a monster to them. It was something that wasn’t particularly nice to think about for her but she remained where she was. She didn’t even know what she was actually waiting for.

Just as she was considering leaving she saw Huan approach her and this seemed to lift her spirits. The mighty fighter looked up at her and he could tell that she was a little smaller than she was before. The shrinking process was already taking place but it didn’t seem to be at a very fast pace.

“How is she?” asked Yasha. She was careful not to move as she still thought that her size might scare him. “Your sister.”

“She’s fine,” replied Huan. He took a deep breath. “The elixir worked and she’s up and about again, it’s nothing short of a miracle.”

“That’s not surprising, there was a reason why I’ve been guarding it for all of these years. At least we know that it works.” She gave him a smile and she saw him take a step closer to her.

“How long will it take you to shrink down to a more manageable size?”

“At this size it’s going to take at least a day, give or take an hour or two.”

“That’s too bad, it’ll mean that you’ll have to sleep out here tonight.” He paused for a moment and took another step toward her. “I haven’t truly thanked you for helping me save my sister, without your help I shudder to think what would have happened.”

“You’re welcome and thank you for allowing me to stay, it’ll be nice to live somewhere that isn’t just a single room.” She lowered her finger toward him and outstretched it. “To our new and hopefully long friendship.”

“To our friendship.”

Huan grabbed onto Yasha’s finger. He could feel its warmth which was a little surprising to him. However, what he was feeling was nothing like what she could feel. She looked at him and rather than seeing a little man she could see that he was truly special. Not only was he allowing her into his life but he didn’t seem to be treating her any different because of her current size. She felt a warm feeling inside of her that she hadn’t felt for many, many years.

One thing that Yasha did feel was a small growth spurt overcome her. The spurt was only small, adding roughly an extra ten percent to her height but Huan could see it. This was the first time that she had ever grown uncontrollably when her anger wasn’t involved. It was something else that had triggered it but she didn’t know what it could be.
Attached Images
File Type: png lee6.png (537.1 KB, 91 views)