free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Alice In Wonderland
View Single Post
Unread 03-07-2010   #368
Mr Wayne
The Man~the Myth~the Bat

Post Re: Alice In Wonderland

What if Tim Burton's AiW had a sequel too, but in our context and style? Alice returns from a second trip to Wonderland (assumingly unaware of the size changing she experienced there) and thinks all is normal... Until she eats or drinks things and discovers that she continues to grow (and shrink, but I'd prefer just growth being that I'm a 'huge';P fan of it) -- but this time outgrows all her clothes according to whatever heights she reaches. Mix it up. Maybe a simple sip of tea and she only grows to 9ft and enough to bump her head on the ceiling, or manages to eat a whole brownie and suddenly grows as big as she did in the Rabbit's house. And too, if the 'tea-time' English clothing and setting look isn't appealing to everyone then simply have Alice be in a high school or college setting, etc. Bottom line, once the 18 year old Alice returns from Wonderland for the 2nd time, her growth-ability (or curse) comes with her.

Here is a link to the story that inspired that idea, by Gilles:
http://www.writing.com/main/interact/item_id/259821-Alice-in-wonderland-curse

p.s. this is an edited repost of a posting I made in Edward_the_4th's comic thread which I believe I mistakenly posted there. Least here its in a specific spotlight.

Last edited by Mr Wayne; 03-07-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Fixed the URL :P
Mr Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote