free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Potential process in this 2015 movie?
View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2017   #4
catfish27
Frequent Poster

Re: Potential process in this 2015 movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjoe-mossy View Post
Looks quirky enough, came out last year, has this cropped up on the forum at all?
No confirmed process but apparently the two mermaids transform onstage according to the film premise on wikipedia, anyone know more about this? The posters are really cool too
"The Lure" is just now playing in limited theaters in the U.S.

I happened to see it this weekend, and I can report that there's only one brief bit of legs-to-tail process, near the beginning of the film. The on-stage transformation mentioned on Wikipedia happens as a cutaway (as do all the other leg-to-tail/tail-to-leg transformations).

However, I would still recommend it for fans of mermaids -- I thought the tails seemed really well-done in the scenes where the actresses had them. There's also a little bit of a mind-control element as well, although that aspect wasn't developed as much as I would have liked. (Note that it would also help considerably if you're also a fan of horror movies, and of early-1980s European disco music, since there's a fair amount of blood and quite a lot of musical numbers.)