free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - "Hello Cathryn" Chapter 1 [Crappy SAW Story]
View Single Post
Unread 02-02-2016   #3
LK
Process Disciple

Re: "Hello Cathryn" Chapter 1 [Crappy SAW Story]

It's so funny that when I did my last snippet, it was also stream of conscious.

I should try that more.

She was provided a small respite before approaching what lay ahead. Already the effects of the formula were being felt. The waistline of her jeans were caught up on her wide hips; a man would need a belt. Her shoes were servicable, but they should have been comfortable. Even standing as she was now, she could shimmy her foot within the shoe and feel the extra give between skin and canvas. Her shirt was the least worrisome as its extra volume and give were no restriction on her freedom.

Under different circumstances, she would be fascinated with the idea of it. Who among many have been able to experience what she was now? The life-or-death of it was the only downside. That, and perhaps the permanency of it. She had no reason to trust that the voice would have an antidote; blind hope was all that was motivating her.

The voice had not even been clear whether she would be restored or she would stop shrinking. In the latter case, every moment spent idling was more of a change to her future than she could bear. A couple inches? She could manage. A pair of heels or platforms, and it was like nothing had happened. But feet? She would become an outcast.

Taking a deep breath, she sprinted forward, fully aware of her heels pulling out of her shoes with every step. Whoever this bastard was, he was going to get his due. But her resilience was undermined by the creeping sense of powerlessness that she experienced with every new sensation of the enlarging world around her.

*shrugs*