free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - How would you describe the AP/AR fetish to someone?
View Single Post
Unread 05-21-2017   #4
chriskim019
Observer / Preserver

Re: How would you describe the AP/AR fetish to someone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meticulan23 View Post
This has been a thought that was going through my mind recently. And I was kind of wondering, how would you explain this type of fetish to somebody without it sounding weird? I know how to describe the fetish, but the more I thought about it I thought, this could come off as really wrong if I said this to someone. I prefer AP, but have a slight thing for AR, and I feel it would be very hard to describe without sounding creepy.
Ah yes. The ultimate, yet such natural and beautiful question that one must eventually come to ask: How is my fetish justifiable? Is it justifiable at all to begin with, or is it just straight-up perverted and creepy that I should be feeling guilty about taking into such pleasure? Well, here's the belief I live by that I am confident enough to explain even to my family if they were to ever find out about the fetish:

You know how women are often considered the 'perfect' form of human with their two X chromosomes? You know how women are often acknowledged as the main symbol of beauty? Female Age Progression and Age Regression are a careful observation of the creation process of how that perfection and beauty is achieved. In reality, our aging process is so slow that we can't vividly tell and appreciate the physical changes our body goes through as the time passes unless we look at our old photos and then in the mirror and go, "Wow, I've changed." So, whenever we see a beautiful woman, we are only really able to comprehend and appreciate the result that stands before our eyes and not how she was able to become so from once being a young girl who wasn't all that distinguishable from boys. It's like appreciating an art masterpiece but taking one step further and asking, "How did it start, and what detailed steps and adjustments did it go through to reach this point?" The fetish of Female Age Progression and Age Regression lets us clearly comprehend such questioned process towards women by showing us the accelerated forms of girls' aging process in mere seconds. By doing so, Female Age Progression lets us examine the steps and adjustments that leads to the achievement of the physical feminine beauty and charms we men acknowledge and love. And Female Age Regression demonstrates that every woman was once relatively innocent, cute, and pure girls. It shows a sense of unity, that we all come from similar place. Even when it comes to Old Female Age Regression, it lets us realize that all those wrinkled grandmothers were also once beautiful, charming, and energetic young women in their own ways no different from the ones we see today. Though all these, Female Age Progression and Age Regression enlighten us towards understanding and appreciating women all the more.

It's similar to puberty education, but the fetish goes further and applies the idea to many creative and fun scenarios such as magic, science, and etc. with variety of meaningful messages. For example, the very early age of magical girl series in Japan were mainly centered around the concept of Age Progression Transformation. This was in order to show the kids the wonders of becoming an adult, giving them hope towards the future of growing up.

"Carol goes from an innocent-looking girl into a full on adult when she fights, what sort of intentions did you have with this transformation?

Right now “fighting magical girls” are sweeping the world, but when I was a kid the idea of “magical girls” were mainly elementary school kids who used a transformation wand to become an adult and then go around resolving various problems. That was the idea on which her character was based, so I suppose if you were to label her Carol is a “Showa era fighting magical girl.”
" (Akifumi Kaneko, the creator of Symphogear GX anime series)

http://chriskim8365.deviantart.com/favourites/

Don't regret about anything you commit in life, for I believe everything is worthwhile^^

Last edited by chriskim019; 05-21-2017 at 09:15 AM.
chriskim019 is offline   Reply With Quote