free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Shrink Fan Site - Verotel Can Kiss My A$$!!!
View Single Post
Unread 01-31-2019   #9
Captain Sinbad
Leecher

Re: Shrink Fan Site - Verotel Can Kiss My A$$!!!

Yeah. I'm not at all comfortable with either Vertotel or Bitcoin, either. I was enjoying "Operation Half Off" and "Small Fortune" but I am not willing to trust my credit card or personally identifiable information to any platform that I don't trust. Not expecting that we will see the PayPal situation change anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder727 View Post
Okay, the main reason I'm posting this message here is because I want to know if I'm the only one going through this bull$hit situation...

Back when the Shrink Fan website had problems with Paypal payments (the method I'd been using periodically to re-up my subscription), I tried the make payment using my debit card. I don't have credit cards (don't see the reason, if I don't have the money, I'm not going to spend it), so the debit card should have been fine.

However, when I tried to enter the card information, it came back with the following response:

"Your payment transaction has been declined..."

It goes on to list some of the reasons why my card was declined:
1) Insufficient funds...uh, no...I've got plenty of funds.
2) Card expired or deactivated by your bank...again, no...the card is active for the next few years.
3) Your card not having internet payments allowed...once more, NO! I make payments online regularly and I even called my bank and they confirmed that my card can be used online for payments.

So NONE of the reasons listed are valid!!!

Below, in the fine text, I read the following: " Your IP Address xxx.xxx.xxx.xx is logged for fraud prevention and investigation and all fraudulent transactions will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law."

EXCUSE ME?!?

So I proceeded to contact Verotel and ask them what's going on. I sent them all my information, excluding my card info. I even sent them the IP address so they could look it up and see what's going on. After THREE DAYS I received THIS response:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I regret to inform you that you have been flagged by an anti-fraud database to which we subscribe. As a result, our system will not allow your transaction to complete.

Kind regards,

Brittany
Verotel Merchant Services"

WHAT THE F***!!!! First off, this suggests that somehow I'm a part of some group of people attempting fraudulent transactions or something, and it gives me no idea what I can do to protest this, or get it resolved. I'm essentially BANNED from making a payment to a site that I've been a regular patron for almost the entire time it's been up. I think I subscribed either the first or second month after it was activated and I've been a regular ever since.

Can someone PLEASE help me? I love the site, I love the comics, I want to keep being a subscriber and support the artists and writers who come up with these great ideas...but I can't...all because of some F**K UP caused by Verotel on their end. It's been two-three months since they said they couldn't accept Paypal payments, and they STILL haven't fixed that issue.

Again, can someone PLEASE help me?

Thanks,

Troy
Captain Sinbad is offline   Reply With Quote