free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme - Indiegogo Campaign
View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2013   #12
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

Re: Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme - Indiegogo Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xodiac View Post
There's a big, BIG jump in tiers, from $25 to $800. You're not going to get many people contributing that much, but this project is in such a niche market that you may need too many of the smaller tiers to manage funding. Assuming no mega contributors, you'd need 200 people contributing! That's a lot.

I suggest adding a few mid-level tiers. A $100 tier and a $250 tier, for instance, would be a good draw to those with moderate amounts of money but not piles of it. As for what the rewards might be... Well, custom art by the projects artists would be good, or a custom short story of up to x words, or maybe something physical. I dunno. But something between $25 and $800 would probably get a few hits.
The funding tiers are similar to a lot of other fundraiser projects, the big tiers really aren't about getting value for your money but being able to support a project you're really passionate about. For example, the double fine kickstarter offered a $100 tier that offered a poster, but $250 to have that poster autographed.

And clearly it worked, we already received an $800 donation. We've received 40% of funding in three days, and I'm confident we're going to be a successful project. We've already received enough money to make the game in a playable state, but we need 5k to release the game at a level with which we'd be happy at.

EDIT - I'm going to have some discussions with the artist and see if we can come up with a new physical reward tier.

Edit 2 - Yep. We're in the process of updating the campaign now. Thanks for the suggestion

Edit 3 - New tiers are live!

Last edited by Zetsub; 02-12-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Zetsub is offline   Reply With Quote