free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Missed Opportunities for SW in TV / Movies
View Single Post
Unread 05-31-2017   #2
Marauder727
Process Fan

Re: Missed Opportunities for SW in TV / Movies

Gotta agree.

Biggest pet peeve is the fact that, when they DO try something involved with shrinking, it usually comes across really hokey. Now when you're talking about a sit-com...yeah, that's usually the way they roll, but there are some shows that could knock it out of the park.

X-Files? Fringe? Sleepy Hollow? Granted, the first two are already off the tv screen for the most part, but any sci-fi or show involving magic or science fiction is rife for opportunities where shrinking of any kind could be done. Problem is, will the writers be willing to do it, and if they do, will they do it well?

Personally, I love QUALITY over quantity. Disney's Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp gave us several really good shrinking scenes for Alice.

I hate going on YouTube and doing a search for shrinking women because probably 95% of the results are cheap, crappy quality, or more 'implied' than actual shrinking. Ali McBeal sitting in an oversized chair...okay, nice visual, but no actual process. Wanna get my attention, and a more physical response? Maybe they can work their magic on some of those superheroes on the CW's DC Universe. Supergirl getting shrunk? Hmmmm, now there's a winner!
Marauder727 is offline   Reply With Quote