free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Voice acting
Thread: Voice acting
View Single Post
Unread 10-11-2012   #6
Abazaba
Frequent Poster

Re: Voice acting

Eh as I have learned. What paypal doesn't know won't hurt them. Is how most run. My own understanding after a few years of people using them. Paypal has a part in the ToS that says no adult stuff. However they would seem to only use that if it suites them. Meaning if the content you sell via them is OVERTLY sexual then they pull the plug. However they would seem to not care and only use that to cover their own hide. So as long as your titles are not overly sexual, and you are making good sales but not TOO good. Then they don't seem to care since they get a cut.

As to what you are doing now. I don't really think stories will sell well. Most people give their stories out for free. Since most of them are transcripts for either audio or video works. Something like a teaser for paid content.

So personally I would use Paypal and keep the names low key. Worst case is they suspend or terminate your account after some transactions. Most people seem to get away with it. For the cut they take, it is better to start there than with C4S or something that is going to make it almost not worth it for you.
Abazaba is offline   Reply With Quote