free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Image - Mutsumi's Big Watermelon(s)
View Single Post
Unread 11-22-2005   #12
Test-0
*ching* *ching*

Exclamation

First of all, thanks to Sailordolly for posting a guess as to who may be the mystery person, though I won't say if you were right, it is nice to see someone actually try and guess for once.

Now on to the rest of the post. It's been almost a week from my post, and other then Sailordolly (who at least replied in some way), no one has posted anything on if I should get myself a website, which tells me that no, I shouldn't bother doing so because no one cares. So I won't, I'll just keep posting my stuff here, if I even choose to make anything else after the last part of this set. In the begining of this board I sujested that people that post stuff not get worked up if no one replies because there were still people looking at it and considering that there was only about two hundred people registered then.

That is no longer the case. There are a LOT more people registered and most of them don't just lurk anymore, so there is no longer a reason to say there just ain't enough people to get posts from. If you think that by looking at something that someone posts and NOT posting a reply that you are in some way being kind to the poster of the image/comic/link, then you are a FOOL. If you look at an image, read a story, use a link to another website and you don't even add a thank you or even a simple wave, YOU ARE A LEECH. You took and did NOTHING to assure the person that posted that they either did a good job or that they should 'lurk more'. Also, claiming that you already posted to another thread and don't need to post anymore is bull. You had the time to look at that post, then skip around to other posts? Then you had the time to reply. I know, you don't see my posts dotted all over the board and I feel guilty of not doing so but I had already stated a long time ago that I do not like to post unless it has CONTENT. A picture, a link, any kind of information that I feel is interesting, ANYTHING I can bleed out of a rock, it' the way I was raised and the way I go though life because of it.

So what now? Well I for one am going to sit for a bit and consider if it's even worth posting anything new here considering the distinct lack of reason to do so. I won't just drop everything I've been doing and leave or delete everything I've ever posted and stomp off, I'm not that kind of person and I do not give up for such simple reasons as the oblivious nature of people posting over the internet. But then again, I'm not the only person that's had this happen to. Just make a quick search of all the posts on these forums that had a picture or a link from someone new that was never replied to (or even just one or two posts) and see how much new content they posted after that. I did, and thats why I am NOT happy about the way people on the board think that they can just stick their hands into the cookie jar without so much as a thank you to the baker. I'll be making a consious effort to bypass my content obsessed posting to reply to others posts, so should you.

Every image you look at, link you follow, word you read is bandwidth that YOU have chosen to take up and by not posting you do NOT give anything back for it. Don't like the image? POST. Liked the link to the other site and/or started to add content to that site? Find your way back here and POST. Don't be a LEECH, POST.
Test-0 is offline   Reply With Quote