free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - TG Dropbox (Offsite)
View Single Post
Unread 07-08-2012   #57
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Re: TG Dropbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghawk555 View Post
On both accounts: they uploaded it to VeryDemotivational. That right there is reason enough. They don't run spell check, and the website always tacks on their little banner along the bottom.
Disclaimer: MASSIVE bullshit missive following; feel free to skip over if this annoys or infuriates you. Especially that last one.

Yeah, except that this is 2012, not 1998. It's embarrassing that MSIE still doesn't have spell-check, when literally EVERY other browser has it built riiiiight into it. The worse part is that literally EVERY WORD PROCESSOR EVER from at least the past five years has built-in spell-checking. I'm pretty sure even Notepad supports it now, but all that's a moot point because I dumped Windows looooong ago (primarily for security reasons, though now I firmly believe that Microsoft secretly loathes anyone who doesn't pay for spelling integrity).

All that could be forgiven, though, had he bothered to take the requisite minute to crop out the aggregator URL at the bottom of that photo. Or, had he bothered to do something REALLY original, and crop the original photo. What a concept!

It really just smacks of a sloppy job, hastily envisioned, then crapped out on a site that couldn't prevent it. Had that URL been to a site that gave two shits about copyright infringement - and had the artists spent the fifteen seconds to Google "0gac.com", "Did you mean: 0gag.com", First Result: "9gag.com" - the collager would be in a world of shit right now.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you're going to attempt something original, is it too much to ask that you at least think for a minute before clicking "Submit"? Maybe make sure all your shit's in order first?

Last edited by vincent_richter; 07-08-2012 at 06:03 PM.
vincent_richter is offline   Reply With Quote