free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - SWGenGUI (the shrinking automator)
View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2018   #17
swfn
Mad Scientist

Re: SWGenGUI (the shrinking automator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
You're right, I was looking at "x64 processor" but it's a 32-bit.

Don't want to rush you in any way, but I'm looking forward to if you can ever make the other version. Thanks!
I have already compiled a 32-bit version. You can find it in the first post or downloading it here:

SWGenGUI-1.1 (32-bit)

For those using the 64-bit version, it is also recommended to upgrade to the newer 1.1 version:

SWGenGUI-1.1 (64-bit)

As for the 32-bit version, I am afraid to tell that you may experience random crashes when trying to generate the video. The encoder used in this application (x264) is very RAM consuming and it easily reaches the maximum 2 GB RAM limit that a process is allowed to reach in 32-bit OS. I have spent many hours trying to figure out why these crashes happened, thinking there was an error in my code that somehow went unnoticed in the 64-bit version, but I finally found out that it was due to that limitation.

In order to avoid as much as possible these crashes, you should avoid encoding with a resolution of 1080p (1920x1080), and instead encode with a resolution of 720p (1280x720) or any custom resolution below that one. You can change these settings in Edit/Setup. Anyway, I will upload soon the last tutorial focusing on all these features not covered in the previous ones.

In short, unless you are using an old processor with x86 architecture (32-bit) forcing you to use a 32-bit OS, stick to the 64-bit version of the application.

Last edited by swfn; 04-14-2018 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Updated links.
swfn is offline   Reply With Quote