free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Expansion Fan Comics - official updates
View Single Post
Unread 08-18-2014   #88
Xtrem
Process Ambassador

Re: Expansion Fan Comics - official updates

OK. ^^ If The Cleavage Crusader and Inflated Ego are #1 and some are buying the subscription only for that, then I have to bow down on that one. I also know how to recognize my tastes aren't shared by most. It doesn't mean I will recognize them as great, but it is important to please the larger part of the community even if quality is not there.

Yes, I'm talking about the 10 free pin ups. They are commissioned by the website which the members are paying for. I don't mind the ideas of the members being posted at all. I even find that nice publicity.

Lallapalooza has the meaning of a huge, hazardous, random event. I might have not used that term, considering I got the meaning from "Hajime no Ippo" only. Sorry for that.
For The Cleavage Crusader, I don't mind explaining precisely my point of view. However, I'll do it on private messages if you ask for it only. I don't want to spoil people who are looking forward to come for that comic. And it'll be a pretty long review, so it's gonna eat a lot of my time.

And here I'll land the final blow : YES, after seeing a lot of paysites, I DO CONSIDER BANNA GALACTIC TO HAVE THE BEST MANAGEMENT SO FAR.
Let me explain why before beating me to pulp.
I'd rather have 1 good artist, even if only 1, than have several artists and getting bad or medium quality 80% of the time. Sure, it's pretty subjective, but I like Jed Soriano's style. Meaning that, even if it's only him, I won't be disappointed. I'm pretty picky when it comes to styles. Very few of the ones on your website fit my tastes. Which means I keep my membership mostly for fetish and stories. And sometimes a badass artist pops and I'm really happy.
The lock system on Banna is great. First, it rewards the long-term members for their membership, which I appreciate a lot. Second, it prevents piracy on a large-scale. Third, it makes you want to check every day for what will pop out. I look at your website once every 3 weeks or 1 month. I like continuous activity over outbursts.
So yeah : I'd rather have cheaper membership, with lower access to your stuff the way it is on Banna. Websites like yours create no intimacy : are you a 1-time member or a long time member ? No big difference, except for the possibility to get a free pic. Websites like Banna create initmacy : you post your ideas, your feedbacks, you try you hand at making a comic, you pray for your idea to be picked by the dog then by the members.

Interaction is important. It sounds ridiculous, but "business with a smile" is the most important rule ever, even on the Internet.

[EDIT] Well, no communication, so I did what had to be done.

Last edited by Xtrem; 08-20-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Xtrem is offline   Reply With Quote