free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Your Ideal Werewolf - Discussion
View Single Post
Unread 11-11-2014   #23
Amahain
Process Master

Re: Your Ideal Werewolf - Discussion

There are multiple werewolf designs that I'm okay with. Here are the two kinds that I like most, though.

1) The animalistic semi-biped: I kind of imagine this as something like a cross between a wolf and an great ape. Fully furred, has a tail, can stand on two feet but prefers to move on four, shorter muzzle than a regular wolf, and has hands with opposable thumbs. Female werewolves of this type would still have a noticeable pair of breasts (along with some extra teats), but not in any sort of prominent way. The TF is sexy, but the end result should be something that you wouldn't want to encounter in a dark alley.

2) The dire wolf: I'm not a fan of straight-up human to wolf TFs, but TFs into a larger, more monstrous wolf excites me.

Regarding other points:

- Mental state varies story to story. Sometimes, I like a TF where a woman turns into a mindless beast. Sometimes, I like it when the monster retains some traces of their humanity (for example, in one of the stories that I wrote, "Beast of Birchwood", werewolves retain traces of their human personality in wolf form: cold-blooded killers will be cold-blooded killer wolves while more "pro-social" people are pretty much like domestic dogs. They aren't as intelligent in their wolf form as they are in their human form, but they might still retain some human memories without really understanding the full context). I'm even fine when the werewolf is fully aware of their human identity, though they'd have animal instincts thrown into the mix.

- I've always found the full moon trigger kind of silly and unrealistic (yes, I'm aware of the irony in mentioning realism in relation to werewolves). I feel like the transformation should be triggered by mental state. The human side is constantly trying to keep the wolf suppressed, and strong emotions, be they fear, anger, or maybe horniness, might give a chance for the wolf side to slip out. On that note, I feel like someone who's been a werewolf for a long time might have better control over their wolf side and be capable of voluntary transformations. But involuntary TFs are always more fun, in my opinion.