free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - TMC Werewolf?
Thread: TMC Werewolf?
View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2012   #105
vincent_richter
ミンナニ ナイショダヨ

Re: TMC Werewolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudapestSwopeJr
The makeup artists we have used so far haven't even been able to blend the edges of a simple nose appliance so we're certainly not going to be using them for anything more difficult.
Honestly - and this is probably a separate discussion here - you paint the picture that anyone with a brush can "be" a makeup artist. Has the market really gotten so saturated with talentless hacks that it's creating a higher barrier-to-entry for anyone who can blend simple appendage prosthetics (this is NOT a difficult process)?

That's kinda depressing... you have my sympathy...

EDIT: Don't take this too much to heart; it just seems that you've been thrown an awful lot of the chaff lately, and should probably have people present portfolios of their work in advance.
I realize this cuts down on opportunities, but look at it this way: you're giving yourselves more time to vet the candidates you want to work on your productions.
It's win-win, because you get better quality - assuming they're not completely deceitful, lying asshats - and your production values skyrocket (which I don't have to tell you what that means for sales )

Of course, if you're doing a lot of work with relative newcomers, it might not hurt to send them a decent primer and see if they learned anything from it.
That being said, if they show up with a trowel and KrazyGlue (hyperbole, of course), they should probably get a jackboot to the ass.

Last edited by vincent_richter; 09-14-2012 at 06:02 AM.
vincent_richter is offline   Reply With Quote