The Process Forum - View Single Post - Sweet Dreams
Thread: Sweet Dreams
View Single Post
Unread 07-11-2008   #37
Grand Storm
Master of Dreams

Re: Sweet Dreams

Quote:
No offense, but that back story caused me to roll my eyes until they popped out of my head fly high into the air and attain geosynchronous orbit with the earth. It's about as bad as every other 'I made a character' story I read on every possible fanfiction site ever made (angels! god and or gods! fallen angels! pop tarts are lifeblood!). You would be a lot better off not saying ANYTHING like that, tell nothing of the character at all and just let people make up their own minds, instead of jamming 'god is a dick that created everything and all things knows all and so on but makes angels out of cardboard that turn to mush when they get wet, then throws them away instead of, oh I don't know, helping them'.

I'm not exactly a fan of the whole attempt at justifying character murder with sad back story thing but the tfs are interesting enough to keep me looking at them, but the more back story you add the the less likely I'll be to even bother to click your next thread. Keep it simple and reveal small bits or nothing at all. It's better without the story to clog up the gears.
Thats the thing about back stories and characters there just like art. You get practice from them, the more you do them the better you get. I'm sorry if DM is overloading with stereo types, He is more meant to be like a modern day legend or myth as well as being the first character I actually ever created.
I do have better thought out character's but they are more serious story types that arn't leashed to TF and such.
Grand Storm is offline   Reply With Quote