Thread: Breast Friends
View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2019   #19
JJStrebas
BE Writer

Re: Breast Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Isaac Gordon View Post
As for the BE genre, I'm less than optimistic. Its a tough sell. Most women see it at best as comical but often as horribly insulting.

But the sad and frustrating aspect of BE is it does have a strong 'objectification' aspect that is really hard to unpack in a meaningful way. And one thing I have learned is women can be brutally judgemental when it comes to fiction and the portrayal of the female character.
The point (I guess) I'm trying to make... is writing BE strictly for the BE really worth the trouble and risk? I tend to agree with Clovis, its fun to write these stories but it's probably best to keep them 'free to all'. I would LOVE to make a minuscule profit on writing BE, but there is no way I'm doing a Patreon unless I get WAY better with my art.

It's a tough choice. I don't even see BE as a thing anymore except for the few dedicated producers. If I were to produce a novel I'd consciously tone down the BE as much as I could and pump up the other aspects such as Adventure, Romance, and Plot. And even then would it be Breast anything anymore?

I've rambled too much. I'm still uncertain if what I have said makes any sense other then being the bemoaning cries of a retired BE author.
I wouldn't worry about that too much. People are going to have their issues no matter what and there's not much you can do about it. The best thing to do is be up front with your blurbs/descriptions about how your story is framed so folks know what they are getting in to. I see a lot of cringey stuff that TO ME is something I wouldn't like or write or want to read that objectifies different groups, men and women or situations in general that are undesirable... but somebody somewhere likes it. And if I or anybody else doesn't like it... they don't have to buy it.

Especially Mind Control. Ha. Stay away from that on Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibretto View Post
Joryan J. Strebas posts a new story every week on Amazon. They are all fantastic quality and I make sure to buy any of them that are more focused on BE.
WOW! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwhoopass View Post
Thanks for the tip on Smashwords! It has a lot of stuff from amazon but a lot that isn't.
Smashwords allows stuff that Amazon won't like PI, and best i a l i t y, and dubcon. I don't write any of that anyway, so I feel like my work is better suited for Amazon. It seems if you dabble on the fringe Smash is the way to go.

Last edited by JJStrebas; 03-06-2019 at 07:08 AM.
JJStrebas is offline   Reply With Quote