free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Giantess Fan Comics
View Single Post
Unread 04-17-2016   #144
LK
Process Disciple

Re: Giantess Fan Comics

qzar, you might want to sit this one out. Your open speculation misses the point and attempts to answer questions that aren't being asked.

There is a big, big difference between someone remaking Maggie and Jane and posting it on DeviantArt for free and someone taking it and using it as a basis to create a comic for a subscription service -- i.e. making money off the idea / script.

ArgleSW's remake credits DDral on every publication. It is clear he is doing an homage and he is not looking for compensation. Mac Rome makes a vague reference without naming names. Now we're in plagarism territory.

Public domain is a legal term with a specific definition. I do not believe Maggie and Jane qualifies. Twenty years is not enough time for a copyright on a work to expire and have it enter the public domain.

Maybe Giantess Fan is ignorant about what is taking place. Ball is now in their court to see how the company responds to this issue.

Do I REALLY have to explain the importance of creative ownership and why plagarism is bad? You give credit where it is due, that is fundamental.

Edit: And why are you even jumping in on this in the first place and speaking for everyone else? Let them speak.

Last edited by LK; 04-18-2016 at 12:08 AM.
LK is offline   Reply With Quote