free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - The Man With Lightning Fists (Illustrated Story)
View Single Post
Unread 03-24-2018   #8
a0040pc

Re: The Man With Lightning Fists (Illustrated Story)

Huan was the first to make a move as he attempted to punch Yasha in the chest. Since she was now taller than she was when they first met he thought that it would be an easier target rather than going for her head. It wasn’t too big of a surprise for her to block his attack and try to respond with her own punch. He was able to dodge backwards and just missed her fist by a matter of a few inches.

This caused a small smile to appear on Yasha’s face as she tried to use a powerful kick to knock him down. Thankfully for Huan he was able duck under the kick and respond with a punch to her gut that winded her. It caused her to go down to one knee and gasp for air. Huan knew that it was an excellent opportunity to deal the finishing blow but he knew that she would be disappointed if the fight was too short.

“Didn’t think that it be this soon that I’d get the better of you,” said Huan. He kept his distance so that she couldn’t unleash a sneak attack.

“I-It’ll take more than that to defeat me,” replied Yasha. She was still struggling for air but she did slowly rise back up to her feet. She was more than tempted to use her powers to make herself larger and thus stronger than she was at that moment in time. However, she knew the rules of the fight and she was too proud to break them. “When all this is done you’ll be making me dinner.”

“In that case I’ll do everything in my power to beat you, for your own health.”

The fight started up again as they both unleashed a flurry of punches and kicks to one another which was being blocked by the other. They attacks were coming so fast that it was hard for anyone watch to keep track of what was happening. It seemed that they were evenly matched to one another, that was until one of Yasha’s punches struck Huan in the face and caused him to take a step back. Yasha saw this as her opportunity and went for another strong punch.

Unfortunately for her Huan was expecting this and was able to grab onto her arm. Using her own momentum, he was able to toss her to the ground. This caught her by surprise but he didn’t let go of her arm at all. Instead he wrapped his legs around it and performed an armbar which caused her intense pain. If he locked it in fully he would be able to break her arm but he didn’t want to go that far. He did think that she would be able to break out of it hold.

“I give up!” said Yasha. The moment that she said this Huan released the hold and got back to his feet. He saw her get up to a seated position and nurse her arm. It was still hurting a little for now but it wasn’t anything that was going to last too long. She did see him hold his hand out to her and give her a smile.

“Do you need a hand getting up?” asked Huan. He was disappointed that the fight hadn’t lasted as long as he had hoped. But since she had given up there was no point in continuing.

“T-Thanks.” She grabbed onto his hand and he pulled her up to her feet. She still towered above him but he could see that she hadn’t grown at all. He was glad that she hadn’t used her powers. “That was a little embarrassing.”

“Indeed, you fought well but to tell you the truth I’d thought that you’d last longer.” He gave her a small chuckle.

“I’m still adjusting to my body. My recent growth spurt has made me feel a little uneven. When I’m adjusted you wouldn’t stand a chance against me.”

“In that case we’ll fight again when you’ve adjusted. And now I believe that due to our wager you have to make me dinner. It should hopefully taste a lot better than anything that I could cook up.” This caused Yasha to smile at him.

“Ok, a deal’s a deal. If you come to Ms Zeng’s home at around seven o’clock this evening I will prepare you dinner. But there’s a small catch to this, you have to wear something formal, the old woman is pretty strict on that kind of thing.”

“I believe that I have something that will be suitable.” He knew that Ms Zeng was the old woman who had been kind enough to allow Yasha to live with her. For that he had been very thankful to her.

“Great, I would love to stay and talk more but I still have work that I need to do.” She gave him a small bow. “I will meet you later.”

“Farewell for now.”

With that they both turned around and walked away from one another. One thing that Huan didn’t see was the huge smile that was on her face. It seemed like everything was happening just as she had hoped. Now she rather than actually working she was going to make sure that a few things were in order before the events of that evening.

For the rest of the day Huan carried on with his work on his family’s farm. It was hard work for him but he felt like he had made a lot of progress over the day. It took him hours to get it all done but it also made him very sweaty, not very appealing to go out for dinner. He did make sure to thoroughly bathe himself before he began to put on a suit that he had for very special occasions. In his mind this was the time to put it on.

Huan was too engrossed with putting the suit on properly that he failed to notice his sister enter the room. She was going to say something to him about the farm but her words seemed lost when she actually saw him. She stood at the door way with her arms crossed and looked at him. For a few moments he didn’t notice her at all.

“What are you doing?” asked Huan’s sister.

“Xinyue,” replied Huan with surprise in his voice. “How long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough to know that something must be happening. You only wear that thing on special occasions.”

“Well if you have to know I made a deal with Yasha during our fight. Whoever won made dinner for the other, I defeated her and now she is making me dinner. She told me that Ms Zeng was a real stick in the mud over being formal.”

“Let me guess, did you defeat Yasha quite easily?”

“As a matter of fact, I did. A little disappointing if you ask me.” He was just putting the finishing touches on his suit when he heard his
sister chuckle.

“Oh, my sweet brother. You don’t realise what’s happening, do you?”

“Yeah, I won a wager and now I’m going to enjoy it.”

“It’s more than that. I’ve seen how that woman looks at you, she was planning this from the very beginning. I can guarantee you that she had no intention of winning that fight this morning, just to get you to dress up and have dinner with her. She’s basically tricked you into going on a date with her.”

“I doubt that, you don’t know her like I do. She wouldn’t just throw a fight, she’s too proud to do such a thing.”

“I don’t know, love does make women do some odd things.”

Huan didn’t pay much attention to his sister and instead made his way out of the house. Thankfully it was a short walk to Ms Zeng’s home but he was surprised to see Yasha standing out there waiting for him. Ms Zeng was standing there along with the tall woman, she was a little old lady who required a walking stick in order to get around. She was always known for being the source of much wisdom amongst the village. It was said that she was a hundred years old but Huan thought that it was an exaggerating.

He was taken aback by Yasha though. He could see that she was wearing a long dress that almost reached down to the ground. It was a beautiful purple colour that really brought out her eyes. When he looked at her face he could see that she had put some lipstick on and had thoroughly washed and styled her hair. She looked like a completely different woman and in his mind, she was the most beautiful woman that he had ever seen.

Huan began to realise that Yasha had been planning for this for a while. The dress that she was wearing must have been specially made for her since she was definitely the tallest woman in the village. Her appearance also looked like there was careful planning and that it took hours to prepare herself. It seemed like Xinyue had been telling him the truth.

“Thank you for coming Huan,” said Yasha. She had her hands behind her back and she bowed her head a little to him. “I am pleased to see you.”

“It is a pleasure and thank you for inviting me,” replied Huan. He also focused on Ms Zeng who looked very small in comparison to the near six and a half foot Yasha. “And thank you for allowing my friend to stay with you.”

“You’re welcome young man,” answered Ms Zeng. “It is a treat having someone like Yasha staying with me. She helps me around the house and it is nice to have someone to talk to. Now I suggest that we go inside, the food is going cold.”

With that Yasha gestured her hand toward the door as she wanted Huan to go inside first. He agreed to this but he didn’t know what was going to happen this evening. He now realised that they were basically going on a date, this made him a little nervous but he was sure that everything would go well.
Attached Images
File Type: png lee8.png (514.5 KB, 131 views)