free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Pixie No More 4 is now available! GTS, SW, BE
View Single Post
Unread 07-08-2014   #7
Jaran
Frequent Poster

Re: Pixie No More 4 is now available! GTS, SW, BE

Though I did enjoy this one, I can definitely see where some of the other comments are coming from. I believe I commented as much on I think Vol..... 2 or 3, but I said I'd rather see more detail on each individual sequence, rather than simply a larger number of them. There was what, 3 process sequences?

I think the problem is a "jack of all trades" problem. You've got your hands in too many different aspects of the story & situations within one issue for it to feel like any of them received any significant attention. All said we've got... 13 characters of significance who appear in this issue. 4-6 major 'scenes', depending on where you draw dividers (change of characters vs. change of scenery.)

Compare that to, say, Issue 1. Which had ONE scene, with 4 characters and FIVE process sequences.

- Grindalot Muscle/Penis
- Maid Grows
- Maid shrinks
- Starlight grows
- Nixie grows

Almost the ENTIRE comic was process. It was spectacular, and is what sold me on the series in the first place.

Issue 2: 1 scene, 5 characters, 5 sequences.

- Grindalot Muscle
- Grindalot Penis Expansion
- Starlight growth
- Alianne growth/hourglass
- Rae shrinking

And again, almost the entire comic was process material. Very small gaps between sequences.

Issue 3: 3 scenes, 12 characters, 5-6 process sequences.

- Druscilla growth/AR to young woman
- Nyxie & Alianne Growth
- Winkie Penis Expansion & Troll-ification
- Ellenora Shrink
- Rae & Ellenora growth
- Queen growth (albeit short)

Got slightly heavier on the plot (mainly the exposition with the elves), but still pretty good process to pages ratio.

When you lay it all out like that, I think it becomes clear why the reception of this issue has been a bit less than stellar. It comes off as almost... scatterbrained, with trying to cover too many plot points/characters in a single issue, and the process gets shafted as a result of needing to switch focus constantly to deliver plot.
Jaran is offline   Reply With Quote