free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Diversity in BE
Thread: Diversity in BE
View Single Post
Unread 07-31-2019   #1
JJStrebas
BE Writer

Diversity in BE

So, I was playing around with Photoshop trying to morph up some new covers for future stories when I realized that the vast majority of my covers featured White/Caucasian women. I try to offer diversity in my stories, but I still tend to gravitate towards using White women on my covers for a few reasons. Mainly because I figure most of my audience is White for the simple fact that I am in the US and the country is majority White. But then part me believes that as BE lovers, we don't necessarily fall into any stereotypes. We just love BE and beautiful women in general.

Another reason, from a practical side, when I search for a new picture to morph, the majority of the models I see are White, just by the simple fact that my source features more of them. When I set out to find a specific race for a character that I know is going to be Black, or Latina or Asian, I typically have less stock to choose from. But I don't want to be lazy and pick the low hanging fruit. If the people demand more BE stories about Inuit women then so be it.

What say ye the people? As always votes are anonymous, more than one choice is possible and feedback is welcome. Oh, and yeah, I realize I used ethnicity wrong. Race is the proper term here.

Last edited by JJStrebas; 08-01-2019 at 06:11 AM.
JJStrebas is offline   Reply With Quote