Unread 05-07-2018   #1024
Greebrun
Process Fan

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillerboy View Post
Sorry, wrong link. I'll fix it in a minute

Edit: Fixed the link above.

Also got a chance to watch it. No process, only a handful of clever camera cuts near the end of the movie. The werewolves (yes, plural) get a good chunk of screen time all the way through, and I don't totally hate the design of the creature. They definitely could have thrown some basic face morphing, as well as some fur growth in there, though. Also, I'm not one who cares much whether TF material has nudity or not, as long as the content is good. However, this movie definitely could have used a little TnA in it. It's one thing to just have tits gratuitously thrown in just to arouse the male audience. It's another when women using their bodies, and sex as a weapon is a large theme in a movie. Just a personal rant.

All in all, it's a decent C-level horror movie on it's own merits. For our purposes, though, there isn't much there. A few still shots of the ladies in full werewolf getup might be the only thing worth taking away here.
I get the impression that if this had been made right after Don's last film in 2008, it would have been a cheesy softcore like his previous work. There are obvious bits in there that are setting up for sex scenes that have clearly been cut from the script. I do remember an interview that talked about possibly having a "European" or Unrated version, so we'll see.

Biggest problem with the story is that it can't make up it's mind whose side we're supposed to be on.
On the one hand the narrative is trying to tell us that the werewolves are evil. While on the other, making the men that they kill completely abusive and irredeemable (or Nazis in the case of the opening flashback).
It's like one person wanted them to be old-school monsters and another wanted them to be some kind of vigilante anti-heroes, and what we got is the compromise.

Last edited by Greebrun; 05-07-2018 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Quote duplicated
Greebrun is offline   Reply With Quote