View Single Post
Unread 10-25-2020   #5
Tina Tiny
Little Doll Mom

Re: Diary - Shrinking During Quarantine

(Thank you everyone. <3 <3 )
--------------------

Day 2

Waking up today, I didn’t feel any different. That was until I slipped my feet into my slippers. They feel a little roomier. My night shirt hangs just a little lower. And I could have sworn that the ground might have felt just a little bit farther away when I swung my legs out of bed this morning.

It was a very subtle difference. The whole day my subconscious was telling me something just felt a little off. It took maybe just a bit longer of a step to get from the fridge to the counter. The coffee mug felt just a slight big fuller in my hands. The chair felt maybe just a smidge higher than usual as I planted my butt down on it.

Of course, all I had to do was measure to see if it was true or just my anxious imagination acting up. But I didn’t want to. I still don’t want to. I feel like…if I measure it, it’ll make it real then, you know?

I took a warm bubble bath today to relax. I had intended to shower, but I didn’t like how the knobs for the water looked just ever so slightly higher than before. The bubbles were very soothing.

Oh! Kate came over today. For those of you reading this who may not know...Kate is our neighbor’s daughter. She’s 22 years old and back from college for the summer. She’s a sweet girl who I’ve often employed to help look after my little ones. The Doctor said I could have one person visit as a caretaker, and she had volunteered. She is immune to the virus and so are her family, so she was eligible.

Tonight we made some rice dishes together, boxing them up for me to eat over the next few days. I was grateful for the help. The only thing that bothers me is that she is supposed to be a couple inches shorter than me...and tonight….well, I swear at times we seemed almost the same height. I told her my worries and she broached the subject of measuring my height but I refused.

Let me have this time of denial before the hard truth sinks in.
------------------

(As before, you can also find on Deviantart here: https://www.deviantart.com/tina-tiny...-Two-859228498
If you are enjoying, don't forget to Favorite or leave me a Comment! Thanks!)
Tina Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote