View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2014   #34
mman123
Process Fan

Re: berrygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron View Post
People
New members to the community did not understand etiquette and in their stupidity they complained to site hosts and site managers which promptly shut down the groups or sites. As we progressed further those that remained became disillusioned with the state of things and gave up.
With the updates of yahoo groups even fewer people post due to the substandard forum that yahoo provided.
Finally the individualization and personalization of the internet makes things different for each user so it is like a fog of information that while I see one thing you see something entirely different.
Tumbler gives some hope but I wait and see in hopes of a second renaissance. There are a lot of new artist yourself in particular that have great potential, but time will tell.
That . . . sums it up just about perfectly.

As far as the current state of things, I can attest that there is quite a bit of berry art out there currently, and new pieces being made all the time. Are things as vigorous as they used to be? NO.

Why? If I had to guess, I feel like it is because berry artists are so scattered. In the good old days we has sites dedicated to nothing but berries. You barely see any of those any more, and if you do, they are run by a single artist who only allows their own art to be posted. Now I find berry artists mixed in deeply with general inflationisrts, and while most inflationists like a berry now and then, they don't support artists who create nothing but berries as much. It would be wonderful if we could band together, like back when we had exblue.
mman123 is offline   Reply With Quote