The Process Forum - View Single Post - Expansion Fan Comics - official updates
View Single Post
Unread 09-13-2017   #225
Blake Isaac Gordon
Frequent Poster

Re: Expansion Fan Comics - official updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovis View Post
But aren't most professional reviews free? Movies have press screenings or screener DVD copies. Books have advanced reader copies. Video games have betas. Restaurants reviews... that I have no idea how they are handled.

Having to pay for it all is a pretty good reason why no such reviewing body exists. Anyway, I was just throwing out an idea. I still think an organized reviewing group would be useful for both consumer and content provider.
Movies, books, video Games are such a large collection of institutions that it's easy to get a solid group of reviewers and the fact that so many people eagerly review such material it's easy to see what's legit and what's an attempt at 'gaming the system' much like Miss Sarem attempted....
http://www.salon.com/2017/08/25/hand...tsellers-list/

Sad fact: an author is lucky to get two reviews on posting his story on TOB let alone getting anything where the work is stored behind a pay wall. (Patreon is different though, its almost like DA).

I'm really starting to think that today's BE Scene is sustained by 500+ loyal supporters. I really cannot imagine anyone taking the 2-4 hours to write a credible review of a 15 page fetish comic because they are a big fan of the medium.

I could never take the reviews seriously if I knew the reviewer got the comics for free. The only time I read a thoughtful review was back in the days when we used to have BE Story Contests...and sadly those days have passed... its all about the comics. And if someone wanted to write a great review all they would have to do is post a sizzling panel that sends peoples interest right to their wallet.

https://blakegordon.deviantart.com/a...TWBE-684396622
Blake Isaac Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote