free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Survival of the Smallest - Shrink Fan Comics
View Single Post
Unread 07-03-2017   #12
J Yubari
Frequent Poster

Re: Survival of the Smallest - Shrink Fan Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Parrot View Post
I realize this might betray the "comics" part of your name, but I honestly think I'd be happier if you guys started doing illustrated stories

So, something like a story that's 5x as long but has 50% fewer drawings. I feel like that might be about the same amount of work for you, time-wise.

I'm honestly not asking for more work on your end. I just feel like my biggest complaint is that all of your comics feel like the setups to a great story we never get to see the end of. I appreciate it when you have managed to do sequels, but that's always going to be the minority of your comics.

Just a thought. I'm a happy customer. It's the only complaint I have. Even if you want to stick with the comic format I think I'd prefer more finished short stories than ones that end with "to be continued."

I fully appreciate your desire to maintain subscriptions, but for me I have to say it's not the cliffhangers that keep me around but rather the consistently high-quality work you put out. I'm not going to cancel just because a story comes to a conclusion.
Thanks for the honest feedback. At this juncture we plan on sticking to just comics rather than illustrated stories. We do fan commissions -- which can have fairly detailed mini-stories accompanying them. Those get posted to the gallery section of the site. We are now transitioning to weekly commissions instead of bi-weekly.

We do heavily rely on the support of our members to be able to make production increases like this. For that we are grateful and will continue doing our best to improve.