free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - SHORT TIME ebook on sale
View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2018   #10
sally g

Re: SHORT TIME ebook on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckent45 View Post
As you said, Scidram can write, and I can tell you that Short Time is well worth the read. The slow shrink isn't so much a fantasy thing in this as it is a plot device, and he uses it to great effect. Never read anything by Scidram for the kink. Read it because he writes great stories. We're just lucky that he gives us stories that align with our kink.
I agree about the not reading just because of the "kink", but it is an important factor. A lot of Mins stories (for example) were well crafted and enoyable reads (back in the day when I could read comfortably when my eyes worked better), but his size preferences were always too small for my tastes and they predominate in most of his work. I'm not complaining of this of course, because I think a writer should write from his soul and not from the viewpoint of what others might prefer.

However, what you've said about the slow shrink scenario being a plot device and being used to great effect is encouraging. Which I take on board willingly, as your advice is something I value.

ps. Talking as we are about writers who can really write.. how is it going with your own work?