free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Mako's Collection: When Two Worlds Collide (Offsite)
View Single Post
Unread 05-19-2012   #9
Miss Mako
TF Creator

Re: Mako's Collection: When Two Worlds Collide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldendawn View Post
Again awesome work - however - I don't like watching a comic as a video - I know you have issues that you want to protect your work from other people making videos of your work - but sorry a lot of us have the same issue and we don't supply our comics like that.

Understood. Thanks for the feedback, Goldendawn. Your concern isn't the first nor I am sure will it be the last that I've heard about my comic videos.

From my POV - if I was asking people to pay for my comics - then I could completely understand the frustration. I feel I would make any of the comics available in the formats or execution that seems appropriate to those who pay for them. But I don't feel an obligation to do that when I offer them for free.

All to often I've spoken with artists who have quit making material because of the pressures they take on from requests or even "demands" of the community. I've fallen into that trap once in a while and wanted to stop - because I wasn't enjoying it anymore. It became more about the heavy weight of trying to resolve everyone's issues rather than pleasing myself first and foremost.

With that in mind - I want to thank you for your time and input. I appreciate the level of respect you have - even if the execution isn't quite your cup of tea. As you are aware of my concerns over the matter, I don't really see that changing any time soon. I will eventually release my comics in a comic form - but when I feel I am ready to do so.

Cheers

- Mako -
Miss Mako is offline   Reply With Quote