free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - The Clarenceville Horror: A TG Tale w/ Illustrations (Complete)
View Single Post
Unread 11-28-2010   #11
tuatha
Prince of the Trailerpark

Re: The Clarenceville Horror: A TG Tale w/ Illustrations

Interesting point. I understand where you're coming from, but I'm a little less hardline about it. This is the first time I've explicitly let other works influence my story, and I did it intentionally. Reading over my past TG sequences, I've noticed certain patterns. (Such as how the changes are sequenced and paced.) 'The Clarenceville Horror' was an effort to break myself out of those patterns and try something new. In that respect, it definitely works.

A funny fact: I also find personality death unpleasant, at least when I'm reading it in other people's stories. Yet when I write my own, it happens again and again. Perhaps I'm a bit hypocritical. It's weird, though. The mental transformations are what interest me the most, particularly for the tension and horror they evoke. I think of all my stories, the mental transformations are best handled in 'Sister' (where the protagonist actively struggles) and in my game 'Al Avid.' In spite of the risk of personality death, I suspect you'd like the game, as there's a way to save Al Avid from succumbing to his new persona.
tuatha is offline   Reply With Quote