free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Giantess Fan Comics
View Single Post
Unread 04-20-2016   #148
macromega
Leecher

Re: Giantess Fan Comics

I have been very clear on Facebook, DeviantArt and SW Realm that, while "Maya & June" was inspired by ddral's "Maggie and Jane," it's not a continuation of the same comic. The characters aren't the same and behave in different ways. I even provided a link to ArgleSW's version on those sites, since the original from ddral is no longer available, so far as I can determine.

Maya & June is NOT an effort to continue that comic (which I loved, btw). Rather, it tells what I think would happen in a similar situation. That's why this comic isn't called "Maggie & Jane."

The size-change process works differently in this comic than in the earlier one. Maya takes an action no one in the original story took, and takes it near the beginning of the comic. That action drives this comic, not the original hook. Maya is a different character than is found in the other comic, and so is June. The story is also profoundly impacted by a third character; the original comic only has two. Most of the story takes place in settings and situations neither found, nor hinted at, in the old tale.

What makes Maggie and Jane a public domain story is that ddral never copyrighted it and has allowed repeated continuations with no effort to address them. That's a side issue, though, since this comic isn't "Maggie and Jane," and it's not just the names that are different.

Maya & June is a tribute story that I think is fun in its own right. If you can enjoy it on those terms, fine. If not, that's your issue, but you don't need to try to trash it for everyone else.

As a professional writer, I am personally offended by these accusations. LK, if you have any further comments or accusations involving me, direct them to me personally before making them in a public forum. Doing this in this manner is inappropriate.

Last edited by macromega; 04-20-2016 at 03:05 AM.
macromega is offline   Reply With Quote