View Single Post
Unread 02-15-2014   #4
Memorex75
Process Fan

Ch.4

Surrogate Goddess
Pt.4
On The Run

“Brooke can we stop some time soon?” “I’m hungry again and I need to go to the bathroom.” Jena asked from the back seat. “No, not yet.” Brooke replied sharply. “Brooke dear, we have been driving for three hours.” “Enki can not travel any faster than we can and he does not know were we are. Five minutes won’t hurt, Jena needs to eat regularly.” Ninhursag said. Brooke pulled into a subway shortly after but before she got out she said. “I can’t beat him Ninhursag.” “Yes I know dear.” “We will simply have to avoid him.” “If he catches us again....” Brooke paused. “We’re both still mortal.” “I know.” Ninhursag replied. “There is nothing for it but to run and hide.” Brooke took in a deep breath and looked at Jena in the back seat, tears in her eyes. “Lets get you something to eat.” She said. Jena could practically see the defeat on her face.

Back on the road Brooke said. “You do realize we’re both broke collage students right?” “It’s going to get hard to get food and gas at the rate we’re going.” “I can cover the food and gas.” Jena said. “Great that just leaves the little problem of where we’re going to sleep tonight.” Brooke snapped back. “Hu, I’ll think of something.” She said.

On there way out of the city Brooke pulled into a used sporting goods store. “What are we doing here?” Jena asked. “Getting weapons.” Brooke answered casually. Jena trailed after Brooke through the store and looked skeptically at the cheep golf clubs Brooke was picking out and making her carry. “Even if you change these.” She said in a hushed voice. “What kind of weapon are you gonna make out of something this thin?” “Don’t worry.” Brooke said. “I’m going to be well armed by the time we leave here.” “I just hope Theo doesn’t actually get hurt after all this.” Jena said sadly. Brooke left the store with a dozen golf clubs, 2 baseball bats, a tennis racket and a tether ball. Jena could guess the intended use for some but still was confused by there strange purchase.

The drive to the boarder was long and uneventful, fields and greenery slowly running sparse as they headed south east into Arizona. There dinner stop of the afternoon was at a Denny’s, luckily Jena’s baggy cloths let her pass for fat rather than the embodiment of birth. Jena felt tense the whole meal. “Brooke eat something, your worrying me.” She said. “Jena you weren’t there, Theo is such a pansy but this guy....” “It’s literally like the Terminator.” “I’m sorry.” Jena sobbed. “We’re both gonna die and it’s all my fault.” Jena said clutching the necklace still stuck around her neck. “Hey your not gonna die.” Brooke said. “I’ll do everything I can to prevent that but I’m just really scared Jena.” “Lets just go find a motel and get some rest.”

The car sat in the corner of the Dew Drop inn’s parking lot and the three women looked into the front office at the lone, thirty something desk clerk like he was a dangerous god to. “We don’t have enough to even stay in this dump the night.” Jena said. Brooke seethed in the drives seat, she’d been listening to Jena all day and it was starting to grind. “You know what?” Brooke said getting out. “I’m sick of all this damned tension.” “What are you doing?” Jena asked from the back seat. “I’m going to get us a room and unwind.” Brooke said and as she started walking away from the car she adopted a sort of swaying glide to her walk that made even Jena stare at her ass. “What is she doing?” Jena asked Ninhursag. “I think she’s putting her other talents to use.” The goddess replied. Jena could see Brooke go into the office and begin talking to the desk clerk. The desk clerk looked to be holding a very interesting conversation with her chest. The pair disappeared from view trough a back door and Jena said. “She’s not actually gonna.....?” “Well we’ll at least get a room.” Ninhursag said. Twenty minutes later Brooke glided from the office. “Honeymoon suite.” She said jangling a set of keys. “What did you do?” Jena asked with a disgusted look on her face. “Not now Jena.” Brooke said heatedly. “Nothing I regret but we’ll need to pick up some mouthwash.” She said with a grin. Jena wondered if it was possible to get morning sickness at 11:00 PM.

“Damn, showering with this new body sure is one of the perks of this situation.” Brooke said. “Yeah it’s just great.” Jena said remembering her own shower. Before bed Brooke sat on her bed and stared at the sporting goods bought this afternoon. “Alright I think I’m ready.” Brooke said picking up five golf clubs. The clubs began to soften and then twine together. The result was a very large mace who’s head came complete with small all be it sharp spikes. Jena looked at it and figured a full grown man couldn’t swing the thing but Brooke casually propped it on her shoulder. More improbable weapons sprung from the sports ware, A small battle axe from the tennis racket, a ball and chain from the tether ball, a thick wood staff from the two bats fused together and three swords from the rest of the golf clubs. “Feel better now?” Jena said sarcastically. “Vary much thank you.” Brooke said and went to bed literally hugging her mace. Jena rolled her eyes.
Memorex75 is offline   Reply With Quote