View Single Post
Unread 02-15-2014   #5
Memorex75
Process Fan

Ch.5

Surrogate Goddess
pt.5
Night on the Town.

Brooke awoke from a sound sleep to the sound of retching in the bathroom. Jena sat leaning against the tub next to the toilet, her stomach had doubled in size over the night, she now looked to be about six months into a normal pregnancy. “God.” Jena said tilting her head back. “Yes?” Ninhursag said materializing next to Brooke. “Wow.” Brooke said as morbid curiosity took over and she ask. “What’s it like to be that big?” “If I could waddle fast enough to catch you you’d find out.” Jena growled. “Sorry.” Brooke said embarrassed. “I’ll go get something to eat and you can have it in the car.”

The whole day that day was driving. They were just coming up on the boarder into Arizona and the landscape was very dry. “This is good.” Ninhursag said. “This far from major water will weaken Enki you may have a better chance against him now Brooke.” Brooke did not respond, they would be in Arizona by nightfall then she could start plaining were she was going to hide Jena. Jena strained in the increasingly smaller back seat as time went on. “We need to hurry.” Brooke said. “She won’t be mobile enough vary soon and sitting in that back seat can’t be good for her ether.” “I’ll be ok as long as I have water.” Jena panted.

They spent some time in the early afternoon at a truck stop on the highway. Brooke decided the locals would be there best chance at finding somewhere remote to hide out. Parked in the middle of the afternoon the shade of a big rig did next to nothing for the heat and Jena had the sinking feeling Brooke’s new wild side had taken over again. “I’m going to look for her.” Jena said. “You should stay here girl this heat is not good for you.” Ninhursag said. “If I bake here one more minute I’ll go mad.” Jena said and set off in search of Brooke. Around one truck Jena heard the sound of Brooke’s voice drastically changed to sound incredibly smooth and sexy. “So you’ve heard about a set of caves on a hiking trip hun?” Her voice was damn near hypnotic and Jena had to look. “You can tell me all about it after we have a little fun.” Brooke said. Jena came round the truck at the exact moment Brooke pressed the twenty something truckers face into her cleavage. She saw Jena and made an irritated movement to make her go. She mouthed the words ‘I’m working’ and Jena shuffled back to the car. Jena sat down in the back seat and tried not to sob. “What have I done to my friend.” She said. “Brooke will be just fine Jena.” Ninhursag said. “If your worried about her personality it’s just aspects of Ishtar boiling over, she could never sit still.” “When this is all over Brooke will be normal again so just try to look the other way while she has her fun.” Brooke returned shortly after and said. “Jesus you almost blew that, he would have told me anything just then and you broke my concentration.” “Sorry.” Jena said not sure how she really felt. “Well the good news is nature boy back there went hiking a few years back and found some caves that should do us fine, they’re about two days drive from here.” “That’s perfect.” Ninhursag said. “If we can get there unnoticed Enki will never find us.” The group drove on, now with a destination.

That evening yet another embarrassing episode of Brooke getting them a room ensued. “I don’t see what your big problem is Jena.” “If I can get us a room for just taking my shirt off I don’t see why I shouldn’t.” “It’s not just that Brooke.” Jena said. “You really don’t notice do you?” “People turn into sex starved zombies when you so much as look at them.” “I can’t exactly help that thanks to you.” Brooke said, it hit Jena as hard as any blow. “I already said I was sorry Brooke and it’s not like I’m not paying for it to.” She said gesturing at herself. “Oh the hell with that Jena, if it where just getting inflated I could have volunteered for that as apposed to getting torn apart by your nerd boyfriend.” “That dose it I want to go out.” Brooke said acting sullen. “That is not a good idea.” Ninhursag said appearing to break up the fight. “What if Enki were to show up while your gone.” “I’m going to the bar over there.” Brooke said looking across the street. “If he wants me he’ll buy me a drink before killing me.” She said and stormed off. “Let her go.” Jena said staking off to the car. Ninhursag sighed and disappeared.

“Jena don’t you think it wouldn’t be so bad if you just went over there and said you were sorry one more time?” Ninhursag asked sitting in the passengers seat. “We shouldn’t be sitting out in the open like this.” “Aside from threatening to drowned the desk clerk in milk we’re not getting a room with my cleavage.” Jena screeched. “And I’m not saying sorry again, she grows a giant rack and suddenly turns into a whore?” “That’s not just Ishtar.” “Jena you don’t understand.” Ninhursag pleading. “This ‘is’ Ishtar, it’s how she acts.” “She is a creature of impulse and can be childish if she wants something.” “She once broke the gates of the underworld down because she decided she loved a mortal that had died.” “Having physical form in your world and not being able to indulge must be driving her mad, that and the fact your friend is as scared as you.” “Ishtar doesn’t know how to cope with fear, she’s never felt it.” Jena fumed in the back seat. “Your telling me it’s that simple?” “Ishtar wants a joyride.” “I bet by now she’s had some fun and would listen to reason again.” Ninhursag pushed.

Jena got out of the car. “God I never thought I’d be going to a bar like this.” She said looking down at her bizarre body. “No drinks for you now.” Ninhursag said chidingly. “Yes mother.” Jena said in a high mocking voice. As Jena pushed open the door to the bar she immediately knew Brooke’s presence was not going unnoticed. Every person in the bar was in some manner of over exaggerated party mode, Dancing uncontrollably, Drinking, or in some stage of expressing love right down to a couple propped up in the corner doing things it didn’t take a prude to tell you shouldn’t be done in public. Jena averted her eyes and tried not to think how much that girl would regret that in a few months with her near by. Jena made her way around the room, sure to find Brooke spread eagle somewhere in the crowd. The milling mass never seemed to even notice the proverbial elephant walking amongst them, they gently parted as she walked. Jena noticed someone out of place, a lone person sitting at the bar and Jena knew where her friend was. Brooke sat alone, drinking and not sharing in even a tiny bit of the chaos around her. Jena sat down as best she could on one of the narrow bar stools next to Brooke. “Your friends a real downer.” Brooke said and Jena realised she said it in another voice. “She a little more conservative than this.” Jena said looking around the room. “Conservative?” “It should be me up in that corner but I can’t even stand up off this stool with her.” Ishtar complained. “Whhenn I made that dealll with Ninhursag I didn’t know it wwwould mean the end huf the civilization that worshipped us.” Ishtar said slurring slightly. “That must be hard.” Jena said. “I can’t even imagine immortality without anyone knowing about you.” Ishtar sat there quiet for a moment. “You know I can beat him right?” She said. “It’s just your friend is so damn scared my body doesn’t even move the right way.” “Can I talk to Brooke?” “Have her back for a while?” Jena asked. “I’m goooing to do the right ttthing by you girl..... and your friend.” “If I have to be stuck here I’m going to put all my energy into protecting you.” She said in a shaky voice, could goddesses get drunk? The expression on Brooke’s face changed suddenly. “Damn she could have at least have not drank my face off.” Brooke said in her voice again. “Brooke I’m glad your back.” Jena said. “God if I let her dooo half the things she wanted to with myyy body I’d never be the same again.” Brooke shuddered. “I’m sorry Brooke I didn’t realize it was like this for you.” Jena said. “Yeah weelll it wasn’t all her at first I thought it may be fun to let lose a lllittle especially looking the way I do.” “But the more I gave in the easier it was.” “Lets just get out of here before it breaks down to an orgy.” Jena said. “Yeah in my state I can’t really stop what she’s started.” Brooke said and with Jena’s help staggered out of the bar.

“I’ll use my credit card and get us a room, if we’re racking up dept it’s on me.” Jena said. Best not to tempt Ishtar with a lonely desk clerk now. “Brooke, don’t let yourself be so scared as to not depend on Ishtar, she’ll help when it counts.” “I will I just need to be alone for a while I’ll see you when you get back.” Brooke said walking away quietly. “Jess she’s beat up.” Jena said as Ninhursag appeared beside her. “Have you ever consider it?” “Being a mother I mean.” “You have a knack for it.” she said. “What?” Jena asked. “You’ll make a good mother one day Jena, take it from an expert.” “Maybe your just rubbing off on me to.” Jena said as she walked into the office. “No Jena that’s all you.” Ninhursag said to herself and disappeared.
Memorex75 is offline   Reply With Quote