free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - New studio doing growth clips
View Single Post
Unread 12-13-2020   #11
Abazaba
Frequent Poster

Re: New studio doing growth clips

Also people don't seem to understand how much money it cost to make one of these videos regardless of quality. Depending on variables it can be several hundred dollars or more. From clothes on the low end, to model salaries, to editing software(and editing time), and filming equipment and then renting the space if you don't own a place to shoot. It is expensive and time-consuming to make content. So the need to make return on investment is huge for a small studio. Especially if the people creating the content are not doing it full time.

I am super glad that this clip has sold well, and that you are also into this sort of content yourself. There is defiantly a deep craving for this sort of content(especially sub 10 dollars). If you can manage even a video a quarter you will see the demand for it. Though for all the bonus content might be worth setting up a Patreon and figuring out some sort of system for that, or a Kofi even. Since it is something people want to see, just not part of the video. Since some might feel like it is padding the run time or paying for content that is not core to the process. Personally I do enjoy a bit of story to the clips if the model can do a decent job of acting the part.

Also with Patreon you can fold in a Discord for those who want more feed back or to add to a community. Since you will get ideas or even paid request for models to do other subject matter as well. For some liking the model is more important than the content. It is a tough line to balance but it is also extra funds for more content. Though this might be a more lofty idea than you are ready to invest the time into.

Lastly I don't think anyone or many are going to be discouraged by not seeing new content on this subject for a while. Looking over your back catalog it is clear this is not your main subject. Getting a smash hit like this means it is going to take time for you to turn around a new video. I think I can say we are just glad you are interested in making more let alone striving for improvements. Any new creators in this subject are welcome, and ones willing to venture on to niche sites like this one double so. Might also behoove you to make your own thread as well, so you can better control updates/promoting new content. This site might be old, but there are a lot of lurkers here to spread the message.
Abazaba is offline   Reply With Quote