free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - The Magic School Bus: Halloween Special
View Single Post
Unread 04-04-2013   #21
Password
Leecher

Re: The Magic School Bus: Halloween Special

It's a lot to take in, both the story and Soatome's critique.

I for one am extremely happy with it, but I was never a watcher of the show. I had younger siblings around that age, so I did watch some, but never more than a handful of episodes. Maybe that's why I can picture the characters, but I don't feel so attached to them that I don't mind them changing (both to adults and then... y'know).

I'm not a fan of all the transformations that took place, nor the degree of domination/submission, but I thoroughly enjoyed the writing style. The transformations were very descriptive and evocative, with the violence (that I normally dislike to this degree) serving to heighten the intensity of the transformations and the understanding of the characters' pain or discomfort.

The flow does seem to falter in a few places, namely the jumps involving Carlos and Ralphie's initial transformations (even given the exposition from Ralphie - but hey, this forum is geared for female content, so I didn't mind) and in the perspective change from Ralphie from a focus to a mysterious shadow. It didn't click immediately that it was Ralphie and not some other creature that showed up to the party. Aside from that, I question the timing of each of the separate events lining up for the finale, but that's just being pedantic.

The overall story seems pretty short in a chronological perspective, but there is a fair amount of content and I ultimately enjoyed how it was meshed.
Password is offline   Reply With Quote