free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Incredible Shrinking Woman Needs a Remake
View Single Post
Unread 09-19-2017   #4
SDK
Frequent Poster

Re: Incredible Shrinking Woman Needs a Remake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiedefender View Post
Some good ideas SDK. The actresses you listed sound good. Though personally I would like to see someone with bigger breast like Sofia Vergara shrinking. The story idea is good. Always did like the idea of shrunken woman covering up with their panties.

I pick Sofia Vergara as Pat Kramer. Katie McGrath can be the villain.

The head of the corporation is a nice guy being manipulated by Katie McGrath to develop a chemical shrinking compound. Her goal is to weaponize it and sell to both sides, and then do the same for the cure. The guy she is manipulating is a Wayne Zalinski type character.

Pat is exposed to the shrinking chemical in an accident. We watch as she shrinks for about 2/3 to 3/4 the film. Katie's character not wanting to wast this opportunity has her studied to make the cure and to improve the shrinking speed.

When she reaches four inches tall she starts sleeping in a padded bra. Then has to live in the lab with her husband watching over her. They try the cure in gas form, but she just shrinks out of sight on her bra.

But the cure worked and is restored. Only for McGrath's character to kidnap and shrink her again with the new formula. Pat shrinks to six inches tall in one minute, and has to use her panties as cover. They guy Katie manipulated saves pat and shrinks Katie.

Happy ending time. Pat is restored and reunited with her family. The shrinking formula sealed for public safety, but still studied to make cures. As punishment Katie has to remain three inches tall for two years or face charges of treason and she knows she can't win. We see her crying in her panties as the guys she manipulated takes care of her, because he still loves her. Before the credits we see he is holding an engagement ring. The inside has an inscription for Katie's character.
Nice ideas. Has my two favorite SW themes - shrinking of the clothes and the shrinker becoming the shrinkee.

As much as Id love to see Sofia as an SW, I agree with ibh that Chareze Theron has the better acting chops. Maybe create a supporting role for Vergara where she works for the villain and gets shrunk for disobeying an order.
SDK is offline   Reply With Quote