The Process Forum - View Single Post - The State of Shrinking
View Single Post
Unread 03-30-2021   #21
Marauder727
Process Fan

Re: The State of Shrinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathai View Post
On a more serious note, I've been reading this thread, and trying to think up something to say to contribute to the conversation. But then I came in to a similar issue as what I have in general. I have no artistic drawing talent, and am a little too unsure of my writing skill to create a longer form written piece to contribute. (Working up the nerve to try anyway! But not quite there)

The last few weeks before this one were a bit of a dry spell here, and I actually was thinking more about how I could help keep things active and fun. I think some times, all it takes is a simple question thread like this one to give us a little something to read and interact over. For me, the shrinking content is nice but I love the community and the discussion about it all just as much.
Mathai,

Hey there...if you've got ideas, or you just want to toss your two cents into the conversation, don't feel like you can't. Everyone is welcome. That's what this forum is all about!

Shrinking content is ALWAYS nice, but I agree with you about the community, and that's actually been something I've been concerned about too. We have very little interaction and I personally miss that. I wish Samara would come back and say Hi. I miss her.

As for your comment about getting up the nerve to do some writing, consider this...when I first started, I was just a lurker until I realized that I wanted to contribute...then I started writing, but I didn't try to go all out with a full novel-length idea. I started small, like say, less than 10 pages. In fact, I think one of my first ideas was based on an X-Files sort of idea, where a girl brings a guy back to her apartment and they make love. When she wakes up, he's preparing to leave, but she discovers that she's shrinking. She quickly dwindles away to nothing as the guy departs. It was quick, it was fun, it was kinda sexy, and it was TERRIBLE...but it was me dipping my toe into the waters. Soon, I was doing the Toobin' Down the River story, then the Shrinking Perfume rewrite, and more.

If you've got an idea, go ahead and give it a shot! I know I'd love to see some stories pop up here for us to read and enjoy. It's been too long.

TDL
Marauder727 is offline   Reply With Quote