free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - The Man With Lightning Fists (Illustrated Story)
View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2018   #12
a0040pc

Re: The Man With Lightning Fists (Illustrated Story)

After several seconds Yasha seemed to regain her mind in a manner of speaking. She was well over nine feet tall and she crouched down so that her head was finally back in the home that she was currently sharing with Mrs Zeng.

Standing below her was Huan who couldn’t help but look up in some amazement. Although he had seen her grow in size several times he always found it breath taking. He didn’t want to make the situation any worse and the first thing he decided to do was to pull up a chair. He gestured for her to take a seat and in silence she did.

As soon as Yasha sat down on the chair and there was a loud groan as it seemed to struggle to support her weight. For a moment Huan feared that the chair might break but it seemed to hold, that was unless she grew again. She put on a disappointed face and he couldn’t help but his hand on her shoulder. He did notice that even sitting down she was still looking at him eye to eye.

“Don’t worry Yasha,” said Huan. He had taken some care in thinking about what he was going to say. He wasn’t sure if he had said the right thing but he still thought that it was the best thing he could say. “Everything is going to be fine.”

“No, it’s not,” replied Yasha with a disappointed voice. “We were having such a nice dinner and I let my powers get the better of me. Now the night is ruined and I damage Mrs Zeng’s house. What kind of gratitude is that? The woman takes me in and treats me with care and respect, then I go and put a hole in her roof.” She gave a sigh. “I should have stayed at the temple, then something like this wouldn’t have happened.”

“But if you had stayed there then you wouldn’t have seen me again and we couldn’t have shared this night.” He smiled at her in the hopes that it would pick up her spirits. “I can say without a doubt that I’m glad that you came to live here.”

“Do you mean that? You don’t think I’m just some kind of giant freak?”

“Of course not, why would you think of such a thing?”

She was about to answer his question but she remained silent. It seemed funny to her that not too long ago they had been fighting to the death. Now he was the greatest friend that she could have asked for. Not only was he a kind-hearted man with enough martial arts skills to keep her on her toes but he didn’t seem to think differently of her because of her powers. She knew that most people feared her because of her ability to grow as large as she wanted. The fact that he treated her like any normal woman was something that she was thankful for.

“What’s happened in here?” asked Mrs Zeng who entered the room after hearing the commotion. Due to her advanced age it had taken her a while to reach them but when she did she could see that the table had been knocked over and the hole in the ceiling. She fell silent for a moment and Yasha felt a huge amount of guilt. Huan turned to her and he knew that an explanation was needed.

“My apologises Mrs Zeng,” replied Huan who bowed to her a little. We were enjoying this lovely dinner that you had helped to prepare when Yasha’s abilities got the better of her. We are both very sorry by what has happened and we promise to repair what has been damaged.”

“I suppose such a thing was to be expected.” She took a few steps toward the pair. When she looked at Yasha she truly felt small in comparison to the nine-foot woman. “What is important is that no one is injured. My roof can be repaired and my plates can be easily replaced.”

“I’m so sorry,” stated Yasha. She lowered her head as she felt ashamed by what had happened. “I never intended for this to happen.”

“I know you didn’t my child. You shouldn’t look so sad, it’ll smudge the make-up that you took such care to apply.”

Yasha couldn’t help but chuckle. She then looked at Huan and it made her feel happier in an instant. She could feel a small growth spurt coming but she was able to push it to one side. The night hadn’t been as ruined as she had thought. She was in the company of people that she truly felt as her friends. One she was hoping to be more but despite the evidence before her she hadn’t put two and two together just yet.

Eventually both Huan and Yasha found themselves outside. She had shrunk a little since the incident but she was still too tall to stand up in a room properly. She looked down at Huan who seemed like a small child in comparison to her. This did embarrass her a little as she knew that it was the norm for the man to be taller than the woman. She blushed a little but she knew that their night together was ending. But something else might have begun.

“Well that was an interesting dinner,” said Huan.

“Yeah, I guess it was,” replied Yasha. She smiled and chuckled at him. “I had hoped that tonight would have gone off without a hitch. Guess that was too much to hope for.”

“It’s alright, tonight was very nice and I’m glad that I spent it with you.”

“And I’m glad that all of the planning hadn’t gone to waste.”

“Planning?” He truly realised that what his sister had said to him was true and that Yasha had thrown the fight that they had earlier. “Wait a minute, you took a dive, didn’t you?”

“What?” If she hadn’t be blushing before she certainly was now. “Of course not, I would never intentionally lose a fight against you.”

“Oh really, but you just said that you had planned tonight, that meant that you never intended to win before.” He wanted to laugh about the situation but he wanted to make her feel a little more antsy first.

“How could you suggest something so preposterous? I’m Yasha, the Third Master with the ability to grow as tall as a mountain. I don’t throw fights so easily.”

“I’m sure you don’t, anyway I’ll see you later Yasha. I will return tomorrow to help with the roof. Take care and rest well.”

"Y-Yeah, you too.”

With that Huan turned and walked back to his farm. Yasha remained where she was and looked at him. She couldn’t help but admire him more and more with each passing day. Indeed, the night had not gone exactly as she had planned but she knew that it could have been worse, she was just lucky to have a man like him in her life.
Attached Images
File Type: png lee10.png (500.0 KB, 66 views)