free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - [Story] >> The Enchanted Sorceress <<
View Single Post
Unread 09-11-2007   #24
Captain Ash
Adventurer

This thread hit now over 10.000 ... wait even over 10.400 views.
There are much more reader than I have expected.
Thank you guys. ^^

As a reward, here you have now the next two chapters.

Enjoy reading.

==============================

CHAPTER 14: Thieves in the Night

In this night, the sorceress had difficulties to find sleep. Moonlight floods through the small window above the roof. Her backside still glowed from Abigail’s spanking and her legs were pulsating from walking all day. But nearly unbearable worse was the stifling warmth in the stable; at least one thing with what Abigail was right. This heat and her paining body made it difficult to find some rest.

However, it was not only these that kept her awake, it was also this unsatisfied situation she was at the moment that gave her little reason to sleep on it.
She felt tired, but the shimmering moonlight that was revealing the vague details of the stable kept her mind busy; the endings of the bunch of hay on which she was lying were pocking on her naked skin, giving her another reason to force her thinking.

Even if she could manage to steal the necklace, she wouldn’t come far. Stealing under the protection in the dark of the night wasn’t also an option; the gates are closed after sunset.
Just going and leaving this place would also not be easy, since Uncle Ben would never allow her to leave, simply by this reason that he felt some kind of responsible for her, not knowing that she wasn’t actually a child. Sneaking away could also be proven being difficult, since Abigail keeps both eyes on her after her little misadventures. Could she ever come far enough to run without someone notices that she was gone, she starts wondering? – Ah! She forgot that even the guards wouldn’t even let her pass through the gates because of the Orc-activities outside.
So it was time for some serious thinking. For the sorceress there was no better way to ease her mind than to erect her body, while filling her mind with lust she always come up with the best ideas.
Slowly her fingers moved to her nipples and pinched them.
Painfully her body winced convulsive. Scared she sits up.
>> No! << the impassionate thirsty sorceress nearly gasped desperately.
By starring at her flat chest, her mind recalled that she was still in a girl’s body, not familiar with grown-up pleasure.
>> Oh, well! Then I have to get along without it. << she sulked and sat in a cross-legged position.
However, the excitement of this horror had the unexpected side-effect that she felt awake again.

Maybe there is a possibility to climb over the wall; she comes to the conclusion, the alternative way to the gate to escape the town.
The sorceress heart becomes more exited, but this time in yield hope. If this would be possible, she could steal the necklace during night and be gone without be seen. Until someone knows what happened, she would be away for miles.
Maybe there was a way to leave this town unseen. She had to go and search it by herself; thinking alone wouldn’t help her in any way.
The girl took her sandals and rag; both were lying next on the hay. Fortunate for her the warm room dried her only dress, the dark colour of it made it easier for her to sneak outside the night, and put it on before she stepped out of the stable.

Compared to the stable, the outside air was cooler but still warm.
Lanterns were brightening the street, but only dimly. It was hard to recognise the way in the dark, but night was the only alley the girl had to scouting the town without working in the inn or getting in troubled with any town folks.
Although nobody could be seen on the streets, the girl tried to move without a noise, she didn’t want to attract attention to someone.
Suddenly, someone grabbed her from behind and pressed his hand on her mouth to keep her quiet. Her sandals fell down when she was lifted up.
This all happened so fast, that the sorceress didn’t even realized what happened to her.
>> What are you doing? << someone hissed angrily, he was cloaked in a robe.
>> She was sneaking around. << the other one whispered. >> I heard they are always looking for some new brats in the coal-mines; we could collect some coins for her, after we’ve done the job. <<
>> And where do you want to keep her in the meantime? << the man in the cloak said, the sorceress couldn’t see the other person holding here.
>> It’s just a gal, she won’t be on our way after I have gagged and tied her up. << the man from behind suggested.
>> A brat alongside with some booty on our back, both too much for a swift drawback after a burglary. << the cloaked one murmured, and eyed up on her.
>> By the way, what does this little girl doing here alone that late anyway? <<
>> You are right, strange is that she’s not even trying to resist, like other cheeky brats would usually do. <<
Resisting? the sorceress thought affronted. How, when I am held on so tight, especially when this guy has his hand on my mouth, making crying for help useless.
Besides his hands were strong and the little girl was afraid that he could break her neck in one move if she tried to resist.
>> Listen, my little girl! << the clocked man in front of her broke the silence after a while. >> If you keep quiet, you are allowed to speak free. But don’t even think of crying for help, or you will land in the coal-mines for good. <<
The girl nodded.
>> Good! Now tell me what you are looking for in this place to such a dark time? <<
>> This is none of your concern. << the girl answered rudely, she didn’t want to give him the satisfaction to belief they have a defenceless little girl who fears some men in hoods; adding to this she was pissed off to have bumped into some adults she wanted to avoid at all cost.
The thief’s face was hidden by his cloak, but a smile on his lips could still be seen.
>> Girl, you may not know it, but IT is my concern and thus it should be yours, too. << the cloaked man looked deep in her eyes. >> I know who you are and what you’re doing here. <<
>> You do? << the sorceress asked incredulous.
>> Sure. You are a thief, or at least wants to be one. What else kind of vermin you think has business to do at this late hour? <<
That was a point, and in some way she was trying to steal something, with the only difference that she was looking for an escape route.
>> I see you are smart, but I don’t get the point why my concerns should be your matter. << the girl said arrogantly, acting like the cloaked man was a merely supplicant (and she a grown-up empress).
The man pressed with his hand on her both chops.
>> I’ll tell you something, you pertly brat, the problem is that the thief guild won’t allow that any pilferers running around the town and stealing as they like to. <<
>> And what do you now want from me? <<
>> Well, usually we solved this problem with you worthless urchins by sending you into the mines. But you seem to have some more wits than those other ragamuffins. So how about a deal? <<
>> Giving me a deal? Sounds more like you need my help. <<
>> Don’t be so overconfident, or you find yourself in the coal-mines faster than you can imagine it. << the man behind her whispered menacingly.
The sorceress had no intention to end up as a slave in any coal-mine, the last think she needed was to be put into a sticky hole – everything but not that.
>> Okay, what should I do? << she accepted finally, without having a choice.
>> Just follow us quietly. <<
The stout man let her down. Now that she could move her head again, she saw that the other thief was also cloaked, but in shape a bit wider than the other one.
While Misty could feel the ground on her toes again, she wanted to slip into her sandals again, but the cloaked thief already took them.
>> Give them back to me! They are mine! << the girl shouted displeased.
>> With those things you will just chatter unnecessary noises. And there where we are going you won’t need them anyway.
>> Do I look like that I’m walking simply barefooted on this dusty and filthy road. << These idiots didn’t know what she went through to keep her toes clean; they obviously had never bathed with a waitress.
>> Then you should have worn some soundless ones. But of course you can have your trash back, as long as you carry them. << He threw the sandals back to the girl.
>> Just think how dirty your precious little feet will become in the mines, so you gotta be used to walk without them. << the stout thieves mocked her spitefully; he walked behind her for making sure she didn’t came to any wrong ideas like suddenly to run away with her short legs.

The sorceress was not happy to be commanded again; but maybe these thieves could be for any use for her later. Right now she had no other choice but to do their bidding; they didn’t say what they wanted from her, but obviously in helping them in stealing something – what else could thieves want from her.
They stopped in front of a big house. It looked like their owners seem to be very wealthy due to all the adornment outside the building.
>> That’s the merchant’s house. << the cloaked thieve said. >> Inside there is a valuable figure. It is exposed somewhere inside, so we want you to go and get it for us. <<
>> Sounds simple, what is the flaw that you couldn’t do it yourself? <<
>> The door is barred from the inside, my little overcautious girl, so the only way inside is a weak point to a small window leading to the basement. A man cannot pass through it but you should be small enough to get inside. <<
>> And what you are doing? <<
>> We are waiting for you, of course, or is this a problem for you? << the stout thief said, and the sound of his voice allude to Misty to went straight to the coal-mines, if she wasn’t happy with that.
>> No, it’s okay. How do I recognise this statue? <<
>> The statue is of pure gold and has the form of a beautiful woman wearing a garment. You cannot mistake it. Before you go, heed the most important thing: You are on your own, so be quiet! The people inside are already sleeping, but there is no reason for waking them up. <<
Leaving me alone if something happens you mean, the girl thought in her grieve.
>> Don’t you have any tips, which are really helpful for me? <<
The hooded thief looked at her. >> Pretty bold for someone wet behind the ears! How often have you stepped unwelcome into someone’s house? <<
>> Iiit’s … my first time. << she answered hesitantly but honest, not quite that what the thief has expected; was that now good or ill for her?
>> And you ignorant dabbler wants to be a thief and don’t know the simplest things, << the cloaked man chuckled gloatingly, >> you should be grateful that we have caught you and not some town guardians. <<
>> Do you have now something for me or not? << the sorceress demanded testy.
The thief pulled her wrist, though this girl’s impudence, he enjoyed her quite outspoken temper; making her acquiescent would be something he would enjoying even more.
>> Ouch … that hurts! Let me go! << the sorceress wailed.
>> Shut up and listen, << he forbid her to speak any further, >> first at all your way to sneak is as bad as you manners. Move in small careful steps at best barefooted. <<
>> Great idea, and since I’m walking barefooted all the time, people have just count two by two that these footprint I‘ll leave are from a child. How should I manage it without letting any marks? << the sorceress remembered how she left her footprints all over the inn when she came home barefooted from the dusty road.
>> Use your wits, stupid! Just sneak easily on you toes and if you afraid to have filth on them then just rub them off on something before you enter. This way even if they found some, nobody can figure out to whom these footprints belong to. Shouldn’t be difficult, even for you. <<
Unconsciously she let a sound of dissatisfaction to this rebuked insult.
Rubbing my feet off? This idea is so simpleminded that even I came to the same conclusion, the little girl thought.
>> Simple, isn’t it. But it will be more difficult when you walk on a wooden floor, especially those one that makes creaky noises; bad for every thief because this is letting every wife sending his slumbering husband go to see after the burglar. Well, this is something what not the best sneaker can avoid, except he knows how - they walk along the wall. <<
>> And what if I must cross a room? <<
>> Then walk slowly and pause a moment whenever you make a noise. That’s less suspicious than a back-to-back noise-stamping.
>> Sounds reasonable. << the girl said – although she thought: its sounds more like to count on my luck.
>> Any idea how to find this valuable? <<
>> Only this one, << he smirked, >> look everywhere, open your eyes, sharp your ears and most important – make use of your wits, the last one I’ve mentioned you before. <<
>> What! That’s all? << the girl said surprised.
>> Did you expect something enlightening? << the cloaked thief asked. >> Everyone can steal something; the art in it is not to get caught. Weather you are smart enough being a thief or not depends on you. <<
>> If being a thief means to follow a few small simple rules, then every fool could break in a house. << the broad thief added his comment.
I rule over a realm, so don’t think that I can’t do something tricky like this, she thought confident about her abilities.

The stout thief opened near the ground a small window. >> Here you go, little Miss. <<
>> If you have the figure, come back the same way you got in there. We are waiting here for you and …, << he took the sandals from her, >> … as a thief you will need every free hand, so I keep them for you. You won’t need them anyway. <<

The sorceress truckled through the small windows. It was dark inside, so she couldn’t see anything. Carefully she tries to feel the ground with her toe.
However, she couldn’t reach the floor while hanging on the windows frame. The cellar was deeper than expected. Her finger lost the grip and she felt down.
The sorceress fell on her backside; this was not a soft landing, considered to Abigail’s latest treatment the pain of her punishment returned.
>> That hurts, << she said to herself.
While rubbing her paining body part, she looked around.
The room was so pitch-black that the sorceress couldn’t even see the hand in front of her eyes. The smell of wood and other stored stuff covered with dust lies in the air.
The girl stood up.
Well, her inner voice said to herself, I am the Mistress of Darkness, if I have mastered the power of darkness; I can also master this dark room.
But how can I get out of this cellar if not a thing can be seen nor at least of all a simple exit?
The girl thought hard, there must be a door and they are usually on a wall, if she just walked around the cellar, she had to find sooner or later a way out of here.
But wait, she nearly forgot the most important thing.
>> What if I cannot find this stupid figure? << she asked to the thieves above her.
>> You better do, figures are not supposed to cover dust in a treasure chest but to impress other fat scrooges about their wealth. If you return without anything valuable, you can see how you can get through this window without any help; and believe me, you wouldn’t wish to deal with the house owners! <<

I hope you don’t to think to put me in a coal-mine after all when this job is done. the sorceress thought, a reason more to proof them being indispensable for their quest of loot.
So the girl felt her way along the wall, it was not easy because there were several objects standing on her way and often she had to climb over the big and small boxes, barrels and other things.
The little girl’s heart was beating of excitement. She wondered if she could find this small statue, but for now she was lost in the darkness of this cellar…

CHAPTER 15: The Golden Woman

The girl padded in the dark.
While she was searching a way out of the cellar to the upper floor, she wondered how she slid into this awkward situation to do this errand running for some unskilled inapt thieves.
Maybe it wasn’t that bad at all, considered that she has never burgled nor stolen something without magic. So it was an ideal ordeal to gain some experience before she intended to steal Azura’s necklace. In the tavern she would likely also wander without light, so getting used to walk in the dark would be a great advantage for her.

But before she could think further about it she tripped over something and fell on a solid object.
Since she was a child, she usually knocked against something or felt down very often, something that never happened when she was an adult.
This hard thing on which she fell was made of wood and had many steps.
It was the stairs - she finally found it; though she expected to find a door.
At the end of the upper stairs was an unlocked door that led to a gangway. The moon brightening through the windows made it clearly to see nearly everything.
>> Uh! << she shuddered startled, when her feet touched the cold marmoreal flagstones; so much about wooden floors.

The little girl followed the way to a huge living room, but instead of cold stone it was covered with parquet.
Quite not that generous to lay this valuable stone all over the house, whether this merchant has no taste or he is just greedy, the sorceress taunted dismissively, though she was glad to stand on something that wasn’t cold.
On a podium glittered a shining object. This must be the thing these thieves mentioned, the sorceress thought when she entered the room.
The sorceress could recognise that the golden figure had the shape of a half-naked woman, showing her bare breasts.
I wonder for what they desires this floozy more, for the gold or for her breasts? the girl thought, and intended to take it off the podium.

When she walked nearer, the wooden floor yielded a bit and let a sound of a creak.
Suddenly she heard a growl. Near the podium a pair of eyes looks at her from the dark, like it was summoned by the mere noise.
The sorceress stands stiff in order not to make the beast furious.
A watchdog? These wretched thieves have never lost one word about a watchdog! the girl thought panicky.
The dog came nearer and while his eyes disappeared under a cover; no wonder his entire fur was shaggy and therefore the eyes were hiding now under a bushes of hair.
>> No! Go away. << the sorceress stuttered afraid to him.
Even though the dog’s eyes vanished under his long hairs, when he was lightened by the moonlight, he just starred at her and stood like he was trying to understand the girl’s words. He wagged his tail for a moment before he jumped up with his paws on her shoulder.
However, the brunt of the big animal made the girl to loose her balance and to fall down on the floor. Seconds later she felt his tongue over her cheek.
That this dog didn’t even try any attempts to behave like a watchdog meant that he was a merely pet.
>> No! Bad dog, I don’t want to play with you. << the sorceress tired to push him away, while the shaggy brute was licking off her face.
Watchdog or not, she had to get off from him.
>> No, you oversized dust clothe. I have no time for this. <<
Somehow the girl managed to get off the dog and to stand on her own legs again.
>> Listen! You just stay there and cause me no further trouble. << the sorceress told him, while the dog sat in front of her.
He whimpered and intended to stand up in order to follow her when Misty turned back and forbid him with her index finger.
>> No! Bad dog! That’s not what you are supposed to do. <<
The dog growled in disappointment, still wagging with his tail.
>> Can’t you … , << she thought a while. >> … just lie on a corner and sleep or something? << the girl scolded the big animal.
The dog looked at her for a while, but out of a sudden he started to bark.
>> Shhh! Be quiet! << the sorceress tried to calm him down, but then she recognised that he didn’t yelp for nothing.
Someone was coming downstairs.
>> Great, just what I needed. More company. << the girl said indignantly.
Quickly she hides behind the podium, the nearest place she could reach without making too much noise on the parquet.
>> Darn it! Couldn’t this person just stay asleep? << Misty cursed silently the unexpected visitor.
Everything went awry, the podium wasn’t broad enough to hide the trapped sorceress nor could she run somewhere else. Into the bargain she moonlight was shining right to the podium, someone has just to cast a glance and he could spotted her easily. In this moment she wished that she was behind the curtains or took cover behind the heavy furniture.
>> Hist! Come over here you damn flea-catcher. << the sorceress beckoned to the dog to come nearer, she just got an idea.
The panted dog obeyed her, more in hope to play with the girl than following her order.
>> Good dog! And now be a good bedside rug and sit right here. << she pushed the dog down to make him to lie on the ground in order to give her more cover.
Willingly the dog did it, though he hoped it would be some kind of new game. Misty lay tightly behind the white furred animal.
>> If this comes off, I will play with you. << she promised him, whether she kept it was another one.
Everything the sorceress could do now was to wait and hope that she wouldn’t be discovered.
The steps came slowly nearer, whoever it was he wasn’t in a rush. That’s good, the girl hoped, so maybe this person didn’t come to expect someone down there.
It were seconds between the steps, but for the hiding girl it was like an eternity. Time she didn’t want to waste with waiting and tried to think out who it could be. Eventually she couldn’t keep her curiosity and tried to peek at the stairs. It was a woman, she walking like a sleepwalker, from her cap she assumed her as a maid.
The dog barked to greet her.
>> No! << she quickly hissed to him, and ruffled his fur to keep him quiet.
Woe betides you if she finds me! the sorceress threatened the dog in her thoughts.

The maid went down the stairs. She couldn’t find sleep; something that made her angry about because she had to get up early. So she decided to get a glass of cold water. She walked half in sleep, feeling the exhaustion of a days work in her bones. She was quite young, so she tried not to complain about that, after all she was paid well.
Annoyed she was waked up from her thoughts when the dog barked friendly at her.
>>Where does this dog got all this energy, playing all day with the children and is still active over night, << the maid muttered tiredly while walking past to the dog. >> but he also doesn’t have to work, so why being envy at him. <<
She continued to talk to the dog like this, for she knew that he couldn’t understand her blabbering anyway.
The maid avoided it to look at the dog; she knew how playful he was and didn’t want to do something that took her tiredness which she would need for her sleep.
When she returned with her glass, she couldn’t resist but looking at him shortly, she felt a bit sorry for having ignored him.
>> He has some kind of life while other has to work like animals. << she muttered when she noticed the podium next to him.

>> Don’t believe I don’t see why you are lying there. << the maid spoke, the dog whimpered in response. >> You can’t hide things from me. <<
Did she mean me? the sorceress thought, frightened about that she was discovered.
>> Lying on the feet of this half-naked bitch, << she said while starring at the statue. >> Why did the master let this thing stand here in the first place? Really it’s disturbing to watch a nude nymph all day. <<
For a while the sorceress heard nothing, probably her eyes were more fixated on the golden figure than to the dog, where she could find her if she had just looked more closely; so the girl tried to keep quiet.
>> I know that people would say when a woman would take off her clothes but watching this one is alright. I wish this stupid slut would disappear. << the maid said finally before she went back to her room for good.
Oh! Your wish can be fulfilled faster than you imagine it. the sorceress promised her.

Finally the maid was gone.
Can it be that all maids are so melodramatic like Abigail? Misty wondered seriously when she stood up.
The dog still begged for some attention when he laid his head on her chest. The sorceress petted his head for response.
>> Not bad for a cosseted pet. << the sorceress admitted, at least she knew why he was so used to with children.
She smiled down to him: >> So you like beautiful women, don’t you. I’m telling you a little secret; I’m in reality a powerful sorceress. You can have a mighty and powerful mistress in flesh and blood and a better looking one than this slut in gold when you just let me steal the figure. You could have much more fun. What you say? <<
The dog looked innocently in her eyes and gave a little growl in response.
>> That’s right. << She giggled satisfied. >> All my slaves could follow an example on you. <<
Captain Ash is offline   Reply With Quote