free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Fushigi no Kuni no Shounen Arisu
View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2007   #31
Kai
Wanna be her? PM me.

No, this is the way the story actually goes. I thought I warned you... maybe I forgot? Anyway, there was a discussion over this story back on Farhad's site a while back. It... gets very strange. It takes place in dreamland, after all, so there isn't always cause-and-effect.

In this case, though, it's easy to figure out what's going on. Neither the prince nor the white rabbit recognize Arisu / 'Alice' this time. Arisu has no memory (hence why we were just dropped into it), but plainly this is the first time the prince met 'Alice', when he fell in love with her. In the dreamland's timeline, this can only have happened before the chapters we've seen already, although obviously Arisu doesn't remember them later. This could be a third Alice, or Arisu could be 'dreaming' it now in our world, in effect going back and meeting the Prince in the past for the first time after meeting him again for the second and third.

This also explains why the Prince was so ready to believe that Arisu was the Alice he fell in love with - because Arisu was the Alice he fell in love with.

Last edited by Kai; 10-27-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote