Thread: Favorite POV
View Single Post
Unread 11-08-2019   #4
JJStrebas
BE Writer

Re: Favorite POV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Isaac Gordon View Post
Ah goodness, I love talking about this kind of stuff.

Third person is the most common utilized POV in fiction. Yet, you can dial up the intimacy to 11 utilizing First person.

One of my favorite books ,Stephen King's: Christine, was written in first person (even though the internet states it was written in both First and Third, but I don't see that)

If you have a bunch of main characters I think Third person Limited is the best, but it all depends on the type of story you are trying write. In the past I've scrapped POVs mid way through the second draft just because 'something felt off'.

Also in limited third person you can break up your dialog with descriptive mannerisms like hair twirling, or fidgeting, or even messing with some control panel on the plot device.

I hope you lean towards the third person, mostly because those can be quick stories.

Best of luck with your fiction,

Blake
Yeah, I feel the same way. I was trying to figure out how to do this next story and I had automatically decided I was going to do it the same way as the one that inspired it. But then I thought that wouldn't set it apart enough from the first, even if I chose to focus on a different MC. It's funny how you (in general) would have to scrap whole scenes and can't explore certain ideas because of POV choice, but that's the way it is.

3rd limited it is, thanks.
JJStrebas is offline   Reply With Quote