free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Corruption as an Empowerment Fetish
View Single Post
Unread 02-09-2015   #1
brandygang
Be me!

Corruption as an Empowerment Fetish

I've come to realize and seek out a certain kind of fetish. It's probably not that uncommon but just not really stated or specified in this way too often.

The fetish in mentioning pertains to the way Transformations/Corruption is done. When I seek out most works, art and stories for this kind of thing I find the majority revolves around woman becoming enslaved or corrupted by some kind of 'Master figure', be it a Mistress or Monstergirl, whichever. The victim will gain their attributes and noticeable attractiveness/sexualization, probably in the controllers image. From here on they'll be subservient to whatever changed them, and the focus here seems to be quite directed at the submission taking place when coupled with the Transformation. Sure they'll be sexier and eviler, but it's a kind of seduction, guided or outright forced along. They'll essentially not themselves anymore, and didn't go through a natural growth so much as were forcibly changed. That's what the whole Corruption/Brainwashing thing is about, I get that. And I don't mind those, but I'm interested in a more specific and rare form of it.

I'm wondering if there's any Corruption material out there exclusively focusing on 'Empowerment', that is the same process happening but by the 'Victims' lonesome. Usually this will involve a meak, weak willed, humble or atleast average individual stumbling upon a catalyst. An Artifact, a spell/curse, whatever it is, and this starts to not only change them,but lead them to taking upon Power and Control of their lives and themselves, giving what might be construed as a corruption of sorts but purely by their own will and devices. That character being in control, of themselves and their changes is important here. As opposed to merely being possessed/puppeted over time.

For example, a girl finds a Magic Spellbook that offers her fantastic powers, and allows her to awaken another side of herself. Everytime she uses a spell, she becomes more like this other independent, sultry, powerful self but she's still 'her', just with more confidence. If she changes her wardrobe, attitude, behavior, agenda and moral standpoint it's always a fine-tuned decision. The changes aren't automatic or being casted/done by the book, merely enabled by it, as a catalyst. Eventually if you burned it she wouldn't be 'freed' or anything because she's chosen to accept whatever possibilities it offered her at the time.

It's kind of a shoddy example but in the Halle Berry movie this is essentially what happens to Patience, through the power of...whatever even it was, I don't really understand that movies vague logic but she got her cat powers and than became Catwoman, changing her persona overall.

Does this turn any heads or do anything for anybody? Are there any examples or works out there like this that you know?
brandygang is offline   Reply With Quote