free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Gauging Interest - Rogue with a Cursed Ring
View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2017   #4
Janus Steel
The Incorrigible Author

Re: Gauging Interest - Rogue with a Cursed Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso719 View Post
Dwindling away to nothing? Sold.

Fantasy genre fetish story? Ehh....
Personally I've never been a fan of fantasy settings and SW. I find that more often than not the setting overshadows the shrinking (There's a pun in there somewhere).
That said, I like the idea of a ring that causes shrinking based on a character doing a specific task.

Diary style? Jawesome! I love diary style shrinking stories. If you can suspend disbelief about at what point the shrinking would make journaling impossible I find that style of narrative to be very personal and to add more depth to the overall story. I recently snagged the audio story Shrinking Violet by Comicbook Babe and for some reason the blog style had me losing it.

My 2 cents would be to maybe try to put it into a familiar setting, like the real world, if this is your first foray into the SW genre. But that's just my slightly, biased suggestion.
I suppose I can make it an urban setting instead of a fantasy setting. That's all I did with Altered Realities. I lifted elves, demons, ogres and the like and put them into a world with cell phones and cars and rock concerts.

"One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them" - Thomas Sowell
"Though I am always in haste, I am never in a hurry." - John Wesley
"But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'" - Rob Lowe, Thank you for Smoking
Janus Steel is offline   Reply With Quote