free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Has the bottom fallen out of the growth/GTS paid content market?
View Single Post
Unread 08-29-2018   #23
Tiedefender
Process Master

Re: Has the bottom fallen out of the growth/GTS paid content market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzar9999 View Post
Y'know, the thing both of you tripped over here (especially you, Genev) is equating what YOU want to see in a giantess comic with what EVERYONE wants to see.

Some people like giant men, or FMG, or whatever, in addition to giantess content. Some people actually do care whether there's a well-written story to go along with the fetish content. We all have different tastes, and you can't really fault content producers for making things with broader appeal.

Having said that, I will agree that it's really frustrating to buy a piece of content that's 80% setup/story and 20% fetish content. Happily, we at Interweb Comics know not to produce such works, and we make sure there's a fair amount of actual fetish content in every issue we release. It's a rule I've tried to stick to in the stuff I personally release as well. ^_^

I think it absolutely could, provided it's entertaining enough. Consider how successful the two Ant-Man movies have been. (Granted, part of that is because they're building on the established MCU, but still...) I mean, both of those movies have plenty of shrinking and growing in them, but they're also entertaining and well-made movies apart from that. The problem with something like Attack of the 50ft Cheerleader is that it's cheesy and low-budget. That kind of thing can still be entertaining for different reasons, but most of the time it's handled poorly enough that attempts at comedy fall painfully flat, drama seems hammy, and action feels stilted or dull.

I'd love to see a really talented writer and director take a giantess concept mainstream.
I can agree with this. I do like a good story. It's just that some times I want to get to the action. Can't always get what you want.

I don't think Hollywood would do a good job. It seems they can't make just a good movie. They have to inject in your face messages. But if they can I would want to see them remake this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7xeWGIenOQ