free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - New EBook: "Scale Model"
View Single Post
Unread 02-14-2017   #26
LK
Process Disciple

Re: New EBook: "Scale Model"

No, I don't think that would work out. My editing style is overbearing and perfectionist. Something bugs me about this unidentifiable fundamental aspect underlying all his work that I can ignore for the sake of a good premise or set piece. It is kinda like the Dreamtales problem, where there is a commonality between everything he writes which he has never seem to have grown beyond. The characters are all one-dimensional, blitheringly stupid props in service to the kink, rather than diverse and interesting characters in their own right who just so happen to be in a kink scenario.

qzar's writing isn't as bad as that to where I want to tear my eyes out over wasted potential of art resources, but I gleam inexperience beyond the realm of his fantasy. Compare his work to, say, Tom Holland's Shrunk or The Shrinking Machine by adrammalech. Even classic CJA or other writers found in the size fetish genre from the 90's. A Little Extra Credit, Cursed, The Lotto Winner, My Very, Very Short Story are great references.

Even though it was erotica, they felt more authentic to their circumstances in the way a late-night 80's movie might. Recent writings feel like an extra level of abstraction from that. qzar in particular have a sense that he writes his worlds without inhibition.