free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - The Unstoppable Giant-Girl (Wasp Fan fic/art)
View Single Post
Unread 10-17-2018   #1
a0040pc

The Unstoppable Giant-Girl (Wasp Fan fic/art)

The art for this mini story was done by Geoligar. Check out his work here.

https://www.deviantart.com/geoligar

Edwin Jarvis was in the kitchen of a relatively small house that he had found himself more or less living in. He had been a faithful butler to Billionaire Inventor and Superhero Tony Stark and had also served the Avengers for a good many years. His loyalty to Tony and the team was without question and he knew that he would likely serve them until he was physically unable to do it anymore.

Now he found himself helping to look after a young woman named Nadia Van Dyne. She was the long-lost daughter of original Avenger Hank Pym and his first wife, she had spent the majority of her life in a Russian Red Room program but was able to escape after she reversed engineered Pym Particles. Now she was in America and had been going as the superheroine Wasp although the original Wasp was still around. Like her she could shrink in size fly with artificial wings, not only that but she also had a genius level intellect thanks to her father.

Edwin was preparing some lunch for Nadia as he knew that she would work herself to the point that she forgot to eat. He wanted to make sure she remained healthy, a lot of people had put their trust into him to help look after her and if he failed he would never forgive himself. For now, he didn’t make anything fancy as he knew a mere sandwich would suffice for her.

Suddenly Edwin’s concentration was broken by a loud crashing sound. It was enough to startle him and he quickly tried to find the source of the noise, from what he could hear it came from a room that Nadia had been using as a lab. His first thoughts were that a supervillain was attacking, it was far from the first time that such a thing happened. As he ran he picked up his umbrella to use as a weapon if need be, he didn’t think that it would do him any good but it was better than going in defenceless.

“Ms Nadia are you…” asked Edwin as he opened the door to the lab. He fell silent as the sight that befell him was one that he had not expected. He did see Nadia there but she was different to how he had last seen her, before she had seemingly looked normal but now she had grown so large that she had filled up the entire lab. Her head was pressing against the ceiling and there were cracks along it, she was too large to stand up and so was on her hands and knees. A table had been destroyed by her growing body and she looked at him.

“Ah Jarvis,” replied Nadia. It was obvious that she wasn’t comfortable being so large in such a small space. She was being careful not to move as she knew that it could damage the building. “I could do with some help if you wouldn’t mind.”

“M-Ms Nadia, what happened to you?” He was still in surprise and he had even dropped his umbrella. He had seen her at a tiny size many times but he had never seen her so large. Although he had seen giant people before it was still a sight for him to behold.

“You see that device there?” She carefully pointed her gigantic finger toward a fairly large device that was not too far away from her. “I was trying to create a device that helps utilise Pym Particles in a safer manner. I thought I had gotten it right but it seems that there is still some work for me to do on it. It was only supposed to increase my size by a few inches. But as you can see the machine overdid it.”

“Can’t you just shrink yourself?”

“I could but I’m guessing that the Pym Particles in my system are in an unstable state right now. I can’t use them reliably, that’s why I need you to recalibrate the machine and use it to shrink me back down to normal.”

“But Ms Nadia, wouldn’t it be best if you did it? You did create it after all?”

“The problem is that my hands are too big to operate it now, that’s why I need you to do it for me. I’ll talk you through with what to do and then everything will be fine.”

“Y-Yes.” He began to walk toward the device but he had to climb underneath Nadia in order to get there. He couldn’t help but look up at her as he did, her size marvelled him but he knew that she needed his help. “What do you need me to do?” He saw a series of buttons and dials on the side of the machine.

“I need you to adjust the quantum modifier by three-point five percent, then reverse the singular polarity.” She saw as he looked at her with some confusion. Nadia knew that Edwin was not a stupid man, not by any stretch of the imagination. However, she realised that the instructions that she was giving him were too complicated for him to understand. “Ok, let me start again, you know the dial that is at the bottom right.” She watched as he looked at the machine and saw the dial in question. “I need you to turn that ninety degrees to the right.”

For the next couple of minutes Nadia continued to give Edwin instructions on how to re-calibrate the machine. She kept the instructions simple enough for him to understand, he seemed to be doing well and after a while he seemed to be done. She looked at what he did but she was still careful not to move her body too much. She had already cracked the ceiling and destroyed a table, she didn’t want to do anything else that might cause damage.

“Is that it now Ms Nadia?” asked Jarvis. He had no idea exactly what he had done but he hoped that it had done the trick.

“Yes, that should do it,” replied Nadia. “But if it’s wrong the situation could become even worse than it is now.”

“How so Ms?” There was some nervousness in his voice.

“Well if it makes me grow again I’m going to burst out of the building and most likely seriously injure you. However, it could shrink me to the point where I enter the Microverse. It’s a nice place to visit but believe me, you don’t want to be there for an extended period of time. All you need to do now is press the big red button, that’ll activate it and hopefully shrink me back to normal.” She watched as Jarvis looked at the button and he was just about to push it. “And don’t stand in front of the machine, you it’ll change you just as it did me.”

“Thank you for the warning.”

Edwin stood more to the side and then pressed the button that he had been instructed to. He heard the machine beginning to activate and he saw what seemed to be Pym Particles shoot out from the machine and strike the still gigantic Nadia. For a moment he was worried that she was going to grow even larger but much to his relief he watched as she began to shrink. As her head came down from the ceiling a small amount of plaster fell to the ground as well but this seemed to be of little importance to them.

Within a couple of seconds Nadia was seemingly back down to her normal size and both of them waited to see if she would continue to shrink. Much to both of their relief she stopped shrinking and Edwin quickly walked over to her, she was still on her hands and knees and he held his hand toward her in order to help her to her feet.

“Ms Nadia it is so good to see you at a more manageable size again,” said Edwin with a small smile on his face.

“Thanks for the help there Jarvis,” replied Nadia as she rose up to her feet. Within a couple of moments, she was standing up to her full height. That was when she noticed that Edwin looked a little shorter than he did before. She knew that it wasn’t him who was shorter but her that was in fact taller. He was still taller than him but she estimated that she was around an inch taller than she had been before this whole fiasco had taken place. She did look at the table and the plaster that was on the floor, she felt guilty as it was her fault that it had happened. “Sorry about the mess, I’ll clean it up, I promise.”

“That’s alright Ms Nadia, but for now I’ve made you some lunch. Hopefully a filled stomach will help you with your work. He watched as she smiled at him and she began to walk out of the lab with him. He was like a father figure to her and she was just glad that the situation had not gotten any more serious.
Attached Images
File Type: png nadia_s_miscalculation___apc_by_geoligar-dcpmej2.png (533.6 KB, 311 views)