free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Questions & Discussion About Hulk-Outs
View Single Post
Unread 07-30-2013   #1
Prophet Tenebrae
Prophet Of Darkness

Questions & Discussion About Hulk-Outs

So, they're things discussed often enough but it never hurts to ask these questions again and I've been hankering to write something for a while... Let's forego the physical minutiae of the transformation this time and talk about some other aspects of the the hulk out.

I've just decided that as I'm getting into some not insubstantial pontification on each point that I'll break each question/rambling diatribe up into a different post... but feel free to ignore my propensity for perpetual pedantic pontification and just give answers on the questions... or, if you're so inclined - comment on some of the more lucid aspects of my discourse.

1. The constancy of a hulk-form.

Personally I've always liked the idea of the hulk-form either becoming progressively bigger/stronger/sexier with each transformation or there being some influence of the hulkees mental state on how they change (before, during or after the transformation)...

So, the obvious example that comes to mind - should our hulked-out lady be especially irked or aroused, she'd be get bigger and hulkier than if she was only just tipped over the edge... Do people prefer a straightforward hulk with a defined form or do you think that the nature of the beast is that they should be defined by some manner of physical fluidity?

Actually, the fact I mention that it's the person's own mental state that
affects their form opens up the possibility of it being down to other people...
that could be an interesting idea.

I suppose the most infamous example is Ang Lee's Hulk where the titular character didn't just get stronger when he got angrier but he also got larger... but then, that kind of physical manifestation of emotion or inner struggle goes back all the way to the Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde where observant readers will note that Hyde start out smaller than Jekyll and ends up larger... A physical manifestation of Hyde's increasing mental domination.
Prophet Tenebrae is offline   Reply With Quote