free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - [Story] Megafauna (Slow Growth, Mini-GTS)
View Single Post
Unread 08-17-2016   #7
dartnet
Process Master

Re: [Story] Megafauna (Slow Growth, Mini-GTS)

Chapter 4 Awakenings

Rachel awoke covered in sweat. It had been one tough night for her. First she ate like a pig, and then she was so tired that it was all she could to crawl back in to bed. Even then she wasn't able to get a good sleep as she was so hot and achy. She realized she had fallen asleep in her clothes and it took her a few moments to realize why she was now awake her phone was ringing. She picked up the phone and said "Hi, honey...Yea I am heading back tonight...I think I may have caught a cold....Yes I am taking care of my self.....Ok see you at the airport...Love you too."

Rachel put down her phone, something was off. She couldn't put her finger on in but something was different. She put her hand on her faces and wiped her brow. She felt like she really needed to stretch but just couldn't. She got up and brushed the hair off of her ear. "Wait a second." she thought as she walked to the bathroom.

She looked in the mirror and her hair covered her ears. "That's odd I just had my hair cut last week." she said out loud. She tuned her head back and forth and yes her hair was covering her ears, and her lips looked fuller. She was interrupted by the grumbling of her stomach. She walked over and called room service for a large breakfast, and headed to the shower leaving a trail of clothing behind her.

The shower was amazing, never before had she felt so alive. As Rachel dried her self off she noticed that a scar on her arm that she had since 4th grade was gone. Little did she know that deep with in her the infection was spreading, altering her biochemistry, repairing damage, and preparing new growth plates in her bones, and the heat of the shower had only accelerated the process.