free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - The Next TG Video by me?
View Single Post
Unread 03-24-2017   #12
genderhazard
Spell I bought is work'n

Re: The Next TG Video by me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsangeo View Post
Well, originally, I had wanted to take the time after putting "A Strange Case..." up for sale to hunker down and start learning new 3D software to amplify my TG video creations rather than using the software I've been using. However, this is taking more time than I had hoped and the TG video bug is biting.
I saw this video some time ago and it made an impression on me. I offer it as inspiration.

Quote:
I want to make more TG videos!
ok, so do that.

1. Deconstruct the skill - decide exactly what you want to do when your done. Then look into the skill and break it down into smaller and smaller pieces. - the more that you can break down the skill the more you are able to decide what are the parts of the skill that would actually help you get to what you want and then you can practice those first.

2. learn enough to self correct. - get three to five resources.

3. Remove practice barriers

4. Practice at least 20 hours

Quote:
What would you rather see me do? Devote my time to learning new 3D software or make more TG videos using the software I've been using?
This is procrastination. What do YOU want to do?

What do your current tools not allow you to do that you want to? (i.e. Why do you want new 3D software?) - "I just want to open the hand from a fist--why is it taking three weeks to do so?!"

If the new software is more efficient perhaps you should switch and focus on that as the first skill.

BTW-Since you asked for opinions, I have a potential 3rd option that I have not seen be done in a TG story. (i.e. a story pitch that might kill two birds with one stone.)

What if you used both programs in a Auto-TG story. An artist is creating a simple TG rendering in Poser but the manipulation of the poser figure begins to effect the real artist rendered in Maya or the program you wish to use that had more photo realistic skin tones.

or the poser figure represents real life an puts on a VR head set and there is a first person transformation in maya.

Just a thought.

Last edited by genderhazard; 03-24-2017 at 05:14 PM.
genderhazard is offline   Reply With Quote